Abit KR7A & Radeon 9700pro

Nov 12, 2002
Does anyone here have a Abit KR7A/KR7A-133 board with Radeon 9700pro?? Did the monitor screen come on? or did you get no video?.. I need to hear what others are encountering.. any trouble? plzz let me know.. and if there was no video, how did you fix it..

I checked on the madonion database for AthlonXP/ R9700 and rediculously high number of Abit KX7-333 boards were found.. if not, some other KT333 boards and KT400.. I haven't seen not even 1 KT266A Abit KR7A board with this card.. so i'm wondering a bit about this too..

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
Make sure you are running the 9N bios, even then quite a few people still have troubles with it posting on cold boot. I had the issue with the 6N bios, though I'm completely free off it using 9N. Seems to work for some, not for others.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I have that setup, and it works ok. Although, I know of the problem you are talking about, because it is the exact same problem I had with my GF4 TI4400. My fix: sold my GF4 to my friend and upgraded to the Radeon 9700 PRO. I would definetly suggest updating the BIOS if you haven't yet as YBS1 said. If that doesn't work, call Abit (Hopefully they will give you more help then they did with my GF4. When I called them and said that the two parts were incompatible, they actually told me that I was wrong, go figure.) Good luck.

Mangler

Jun 10, 2002
Abit has some of the best support staff around....Don't be dicks to them and they will help ya out and replace or find your problem. If you call Abit thinking your the king of computers of course they wont help ya...

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Oh they sent me a new board, it just didn't fix it. They then told me that the problem is in the video card and that there has been no report whatsoever of an incompatibility. I called PNY and they said they have had hundreds of reports about an incompatibility.

My suggestion to you is, if you have another agp video card, swap that in and see how it works. Also try swapping some know working RAM, and a power supply if you have an extra one.