ABIT BE6-II with MBM

Hawkes

Oct 14, 1999
Does anyone use Motherboard Monitor to monitor temps on their ABIT BE6-II? I've got a C2-566 overclocked to 850 - seems stable at 1.8v (with a Thermaltake Golden Orb), but I'm sort of worried about temp - MBM works great on my old BH6v1 board, but when I installed it on this, I get two temp readings, one of the "Winbond 1" sensor, which is currently around 60F - a good 15-20 below ambient (needless to say, I'm a bit suspicious about this), the other (on the Winbond 2 - P2 thermal diode) hovers around 80, but seems to spike up and down from 80-100 on a semi-regular basis (ie, REAL inconsistency in readings). I DID use the thermal diode, taped to my hard drive (couldn't get it into/onto CPU).

Anyone know which sensor is which or even if I'm reading the right ones?

Duckie

Oct 21, 1999
CPU - Winbond 2 P2 Thermal Diode
Motherboard - Winbond 3
Addon Thermistor - Winbond 1

Hope this helps.

Duckman

AceT

Feb 15, 2000
I agree with this... the Motherboard Monitor home page suggests differently to this but if you look in the PC Safety section of the BIOS the readings will match these in Motherboard Monitor.

Lark888

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
MBM works fine on both of the BX6R2's and Celerons I've got up. Duckie's settings is what I remember in the setup. HOWEVER, not all BX6R2 came from Abit with the proper resistors and circuit to monitor the CPU diode. So, your milage may vary. I know that there were some long threads in the Cooling Forum on the Celeron Diode question a few months ago. You could do a search on 'diode' and probably find them if you want more general info. Lark