Abilify maintena robbed my interest in TV movies and games yet I retain my...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Try not to rely on prescriptions for the long haul. Short term they work fine. The problem is many people stay on these pills for decades. They build up a tolerance and need more to feel better. Taking these pills without working on yourself is a prescription for disaster.

I have an aunt who has been on Xanax for decades now. She's a frekin nutcase, because she relies totally on taking Xanax. She needs to work on herself but will not do it. Why should she, when she can veg out on her couch for hours on end.

The moral of my post is to do positive things on a daily basis, so you can get out of this funk you're in.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
People who say therapist don't work are fooling themselves. They do work, but you have to do the hard work that they tell you to do. Just talking to someone is great, but you will not see the results you're after unless you do the work!

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
The pills cause changes in brain structure which has obvious changes in personality, imo.

Last edited:

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
People who say therapist don't work are fooling themselves. They do work, but you have to do the hard work that they tell you to do. Just talking to someone is great, but you will not see the results you're after unless you do the work!

Even just positive face to face interactions help. Alot of people with mental problems have toxic households/families. Then again some people are REALLY crazy. It just depends.

Last edited: