ABC Democratic Debate

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Lets face it, no other candidate pays for the free shit they give out either, at best they write in something to pay for it 3 years from now, and then get it repealed in a omnibus tax bill a few years later. The only real difference here is that Sanders' free shit is stuff that would actually make a difference to the average American.

You are assuming that all of the other free shit is replaced by this rather than added to.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
You are assuming that all of the other free shit is replaced by this rather than added to.

No, I'm not. I'm assuming that America is never again going to pay for it's shit. Not until the entire system collapse around us, and then we are going to pay for it in blood. We have literally zero will to do anything that would require even the most minor sacrifice. What does it matter how they promise to pay for it, they won't do it.

So, what are you really arguing about? Who gives us lies that make us sleep better at night? I personally would rather sleep a little less well and do some things that might actually improve things a little bit.

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
This is the best we can do, on both sides.
And who's fault is THAT?
Hint: Look in mirror.

Oh, how cute, someone who still believes average Americans have any input into this totally fubared system. Actually quite fitting this time of year with the Jolly Ol' Fella in Red comin' round soon.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
No, I'm not. I'm assuming that America is never again going to pay for it's shit. Not until the entire system collapse around us, and then we are going to pay for it in blood. We have literally zero will to do anything that would require even the most minor sacrifice. What does it matter how they promise to pay for it, they won't do it.

So, what are you really arguing about? Who gives us lies that make us sleep better at night? I personally would rather sleep a little less well and do some things that might actually improve things a little bit.

There's actually merit here, but I think most are programmed into thinking that the left "wing" and right "wing" are incompatible. They are only incompatible with the RINOs and DINOs.

For example -

Why would single payer universal healthcare be incompatible with clamping down on illegal immigration?

What's incompatible about gun rights and gay rights?

What's incompatible about shutting down expansion of H2B visas and penalizing companies that lie to get H1B visas (all of them), and providing free college to all Americans?

What's incompatible about giving tax incentives to increase Solar and Wind power usage while penalizing companies that outsource jobs, and rewarding companies that bring overseas operations and capital back to the US?

Just exactly who is in opposition to the above things, and why? Why are they all far left or far right topics?

For some reason "anti-american citizen, pro-corporate welfare" policies have become the playground of the so-called "moderate". Everything else has been systematically demonized.

As far as the money - you're right. The last time the budget really mattered was in the 1990s. With Perot went any hope of managing the debt. Our economic system is going to last as long as the petrodollar, and not a moment longer.