AAAHHHH!! All the power options in my car are fudging up!!!

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
IU drive a '89 Maxima, and it has power everything (windows, locks, etc). Well, I was driving home and I decided to roll my windows down. When I went to roll it up, it didn't budge. Then, when I tried the controls for my other windows, they were working in opposite (the up button caused to windows to go down, and vise versa.) And my power locks were working, and my power clock was really dim. I know it's someting to do with the electrical system, so what do you think it is? How much do you think it'll take to fix it?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Bummer dude!

Sounds possesed, I'd call a priest!!

But to be serious, I have NEVER heard of anything like THAT happening before. So I have NO clue as to what fixing something like that might cost!

Good luck!

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
alright, now my car alarm was going off, even though my car doesn't have that option enabled......... I just unplugged the battery.....:(

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Double bummer.

Hope you get it figuered out.

Sounds like a couple of wires got crossed up somehow.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I had something like that happen with my old volvo, and it turned out to just be the battery. Really freaked me out, but I was glad it was a cheap fix. Hopefully your fix is as easy.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you know why I don't want any power options.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Heh..check the contacts on the power window buttons.

That stuff happened to my buddy's '88 Camry. His power window doesn't work, his cruise doesn't work, while driving you can take the keys out of the ignition, and you can only unlock the door from the passenger side front door.