aaahhh.....nothing like drinking an entire bottle of champagne by yourself! :)

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Well, I finished my dinner tonight and was searching for a beer to drink while listening to some Pink Floyd and relaxing tonight (I have tomorrow off). I checked the fridge in the bar...nothing. The kitchen fridge...nothing. GRRRRRRRRR somebody drank my sixpack of Anchor Steam. The only alcoholic substance left in the house was the last bottle of champagne left from the 78 bottles I bought for New Years. I thought it would be nice to have a glass...well that glass turned into the whole bottle :eek: No point to this story...I'm just amazed that I didn't even really notice I drank the whole thing!

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Yur a NEF'n LUSH!

Now go get another GODDAMN bottle so I can have some.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Don't forget the mouthwash in the medicine cabinet, or the 1% rubbing alcohol. ;) Better living through Chemistry.

Well, since a chemist's life-expectancy is, on average, 10 years less than everyone else's because of career-long exposure to chemicals, I chose not to convert my chemistry degree into making a living producing cake frostings.

I do advocate that the occasional bottle of Champaigne is significantly kinder to one's person than a Chemist's daily routine, and much more fun.

Moderation is the key.

Binge moderation is suck.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
hehe...almost forgot I posted this. The second I hit "post" my gf came over and we watched "Small Time Crooks"...we're both big Woody Allen fans. It was pretty good. :)

Scarily, the bottle of champagne didn't even effect me. My gf didn't even ask if I had been drinking.

Elemental007: Definitely not good stuff. $5/bottle. :)

Last bottle, Namuna, sorry. ;)

pillage2001: The 78 bottles were for New Years Eve. A tip: 78 bottles are exactly the amount you can fit in the bottom of 3 grocery shopping carts, bottles side to side standing up. You should've heard the racket pushing those carts around the store...CLANK CLANK CLINKITY CLANK!!! Every New Year's my friends and I hold a huge party in a nice hotel in the French Quarter. This year there were 23 bottles of champagne left, 2 bottles of rum (the only liquor left from a fully stocked bar), and 3 cases of beer (out of 8 cases). I hope the cleaning staff at the Monteleone Hotel enjoyed the beer, because we couldn't haul that out. I ended up with 12 bottles of champagne, and a full handle of Bacardi out of the leftovers.

UG: In all truthfulness, I work in a chemistry lab with pesticides. How long do you think I've got? :Q

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Cheap champagne gives me the worst hangovers.. At least it did New Year's 2000. Well, it could have been the bottle of champagne at the bar, the 3 beers there, the warm beer afterwards (stupid gas station dinnit have cold beer), or the MD 20/20 we passed around on the way home.

I can chug champagne like there's no tomorrow. Just goes right down. I'll regret it the next morning, but who cares.

skywhr

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
There alot of things better than that. like drinking a bottle or 151 by yourself thats it yeah....:confused: