AAaahhhHHHHHHH!!?!??!!!! What the HELL?!?!?

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Went to go cook dinner last night.

Picked up the bag of potatoes!

WORMS! Freakin little, white, wriggly worms were all up in the potatoes!! Where did THEY come from?!?!?!?

Ack! Ick! Gross!!! :disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Saturday was the first time my wife and I had an ant breakout in our apartment. Guess where they were... in my cookies! MY Keebler Soft-Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY COOKIES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!! :|:|:(

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Can worms just "form" in a bag of potatoes that are going bad? They were a bit old.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yup, worms have been known to self generate from nowhere for centuries. It's proof of Creationism.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Yup, worms have been known to self generate from nowhere for centuries. It's proof of Creationism.

LOL! :D Good response..

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Saturday was the first time my wife and I had an ant breakout in our apartment. Guess where they were... in my cookies! MY Keebler Soft-Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY COOKIES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!! :|:|:(

My soft batch cookies are safe. :)

Best.Cookies.Ever.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Where the heck would they seriously come from? These thing were high up on my kitchen counter without close access to anything outside or anything.

We have no other bug problems.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001

ROFL, Moonbeam you crack me up :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Spooner, know anything about the life cycle of insects? In the first place, worms aren't bugs. Worms are worms. Bugs, on the other hand are insects. The life stages of insects are egg larva pupa and adult. If you get a bag of potatoes with the eggs of some insect in it you won't see anything. but when the eggs hatch, time passes here, they hatch out into voracious worm like things called larvae, that eat and eat and eat and get big quick. Then the pupate, like a butterfly chrysalis, undergo metamorphoses and hatch out as adults. If the worms you have are fly larvae, flies fly places when you're not looking and may have found your old potatoes starting to turn into tasty fly food and laid their eggs right in your cupboard.

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000

LoL....one of the best responses i've read on this board.

And i agree with Moonbeam as well, sounds like maggots!!

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
They're not worms, they're maggots. Have you been noticing an increase in the amount of fly like bugs in your house lately? Now you know where they're coming from.

I've seen this before. Trust me, they're maggots.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY COOKIES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!
Ants can be a pain. Someone explain to me how they got into an unopened bag of crackers I had. :disgust:

And mmm, softbatch. I like to heat them up for a few seconds in the microwave. :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The microwave that I saw full of ants didn't kill them at all when turned on. They'd be right there marching around when you finished heating your lunch.