AAAAARGH. That darn Capitol One commercial is so annoying!

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
you know, the one where the guy talks about how the capitol one has the lowest interest rates, etc, then his friend goes "wait... then who's getting rich off my money?" IT MAKES NO SENSE! how is it a conclusion that some monkeys are getting rich off your money if some other card has low interest rates?! where is the logic?! what the hell, did you think you were donating your interest to some poor people or something? f*cking retard :|

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i thought all of them were annoying, frankly. captitol one sucks.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The funniest thing about those Capitol One commericals is that they are probably the worst of the lot. Marketing (telemarketing and junk mail), selling your info to 3rd parties, high rates, poor customer service, you name it. I wouldn't get one of their cards under any circumstances.

As for the thread topic, I attribute it just to the loser attitude of people who want something for free. Having a credit card is like using someone else's money. You are borrowing. If you don't want to pay interest, don't borrow.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Capital One sucks the big one not only for their cheesey commercials but they gave me a cc with only a $500 limit!

<--- $#@!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Every couple of weeks I get another one of their stupid pre-approved platinum cards. But it's a total POS. The limit is $2250 and the interest rate is a whopping 14.9 %. Add to the fact that there is a yearly fee, no frigging benefits and what have you got? A piece of garbage inferior to my MBNA card in every single way.

Is it true that CO charges an $8/month fee to use their online service? Is this really true or not?

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Capital One sucks the big one not only for their cheesey commercials but they gave me a cc with only a $500 limit!

<--- $#@!
I'm sure your wife loves them. ;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: zippy
Originally posted by: RossMAN

<--- $#@!
I'm sure your wife loves them. ;)

Yeah good point, she wasn't sad at all that I closed that account quickly.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Belive it or not, someone made a thread complaining about the exact same thing, exact same point. :)

jeez... i didn't even bother to search for this one.... dammit :p

michaelh20

Sep 4, 2000
What's even more fun is signing up online for a credit card...

You click on one offer (0 % no annual fee) and watch it change to something like 28 % and $50/annual fee (and they don't exactly make this switch obvious), apparently depending on your income etc. Isn't that special ?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
What's in YOUR wallet?

8 different cc's, drivers license, social security card (although I heard you shouldn't carry this around with you?), HMO card and some other stuff.