A780G M2+ SE X2 3600+ (1.9GHz 2x512k)

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
The bios on this MOBO is so freaking messed up...I dont know what I need to do to even start overclocking. Ive got 2x1GB DDR2667 for now, so that shouldnt be a limiting factor at all, I cant even set memory voltage less than 1.95 so it should be more than fine (especially at 400MHz). I found an area where I can change the "FSB". Its set at 200. Another area shows the multi as 9.5. So thats right. If I set the FSB to anything above 200 windows crashes. When booting it doesnt appear to have dual channel memory...I am using the integrated HD3200 GPU, appears theres an option to overclock that...I remember that there use to be an HT link speed or something? It cant be more than 1000MHz or things go bad. I dont know where that is in this BIOS. I saw something like 2 or 4bit bit link speed in there...but I thought it was supposed to be like 8 or 16. CPU voltage options are like +.8V to +1V, that doesnt make any sense at all (it should run like 1.35V no?).

Anyone have this BIOS or can offer some hints on what to start with? I have an Arctic Cooler 64 on the CPU, its moving air directly over the RAM too, CPU is at 30C idle. I dont have a mouse right now (it worked, but installed a driver and now it wont), so this post is a bit of a mess.

Edit: OK I got the mouse working...how might I post images of BIOS screens (or get them)? Theres a section to change link width (to CPU? HT speed? 8bit 16bit). I found a few graphics card options in the GPU tab, I noticed the DVI port doesnt work...only the VGA port. Do I need to pick a different GPU to get DVI? CPUID says the CPU is at 1.28V, the BIOS voltage options still dont make sense...though I should still be able to get a decent OC on stock volts yes? Is it better to use the half multi or go with a normal one (x9 or x9.5)? What kind of settings should I set for the RAM? If its running like 533 thats well below its stock rating, and again minimum volts I can set are 1.95. I tried lowering the CAS settings from 5 to 4 but it crashed. If I cant run 533 CAS 4 at 2V thats really freakin lame. Or I dont know what settings Im changing...there are like 50 of em. I remembered TRCD TRAS and stuff, but there were a ton of others that I left at auto. CPU idles at around 28C load at 40C.

Would adding a 2GB stick ruin any chance of OC'ing? Theres only two slots on this MOBO and the other I have. I have 2x512MB, 2x1GB, and now 2x4GB sticks. If I used 1GB+2GB in each machine theyd both have 3GB instead of 2 and 4GB. Since theyre both 32bit the 4GB is wasted in one so 3GB each would be the ideal ammount...but I think that ruins dual channel and may ruin OC options.

So can someone chime in and give me some pointers? Whats the first thing I should be doing or looking for or changing. Im used to the old way where everything was really simple and basic all these new AM2 i7 series chips and stuff are all complicated and convoluted.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
O.K.

So Im playing around with settings...I think Ive figured out the HT multiplier setting. 1GHz=5x 800MHz=4x ect. So if the CPU clock is 250x9.5 you get 2.37GHz and 1GHz HT speed. The thing I cant figure out is what kind of retarded math theyre using for the memory. At CPU 250 my RAM is running at 237MHz instead of 250MHz at the default 400MHz setting. So is the CPU not dual pumped? I have settings of 400 533 667 ect. I figured using the logic of the HT settings the default 400MHz (CPU 200x2) would then translate to 500 when I set CPU to 250. But I get 238 which is 1/10th the clock speed? I tried setting the RAM to 533 and I end up with a speed of 297MHz and at 667 I get 396. WTF?

I can go up to 266 CPU, everything seems perfectly stable...but 1MHz over that and I cant even boot. I lowered the multi down in steps all the way to 4.5 and the CPU speed up to 400MHz. Nothing seems to work. What does that mean?

Lets say 333 CPU 7.5 multi should give me 2.5GHz. With 3xHT thats 1GHz HT. Should be perfectly fine since I can run 266x9.5 and 4xHT=1064. If the math is the same for the memory at these settings it should be running at the exact same 250MHz (since it looks like 1/10th real speed). Even if it ran 1:1 like it should the CPU 333 should mean DDR2667 which is its default speed.

So if the CPU is perfectly fine at 2.5GHz it shouldnt matter which combination of CPU and multi I use it will always be fine at 2.5GHz. So the problem must be the memory...why? How? Does anyone have any insight into this? Im trying to get the memory to run 1:1 at around its stock 667 (CAS4) up to 750 (CAS5), since its got so much voltage to it.

Ive had the memory running fine at 375x2 CAS 5 at 1.9V before (other system, not stable at 800). So maybe if someone could help me figure out the math to get close to that setting...