A white nationalist, spouting Tucker Carlson's "white replacement theory" commits mass shooting in black neighborhood in Buffalo NY

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm not going to watch. I will just make me more upset.
I was interested in his behavior prior to getting there and while driving. There wasn't much commentary from him on the drive and the video cut out a bit. But the little bit he did talk, he just seemed like a normal person driving around who missed their turn. Then when he enters the parking lot in the car he says something along the lines of 'well this is where it ends' or something. Just very surreal to see the mindset of a person who seemingly is all there go do something like this.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
This is our new reality. If you cross them, you'll either get blasted at the grocery store, or blasted with legislation, or have previous legislation in your favor simply overturned.

We are a subjugated people. And this is just the tip of their spear.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Pelosi had an idea:

It steps a little too much on free speech. Anyone with an unpopular opinion could be targeted even if they have zero plans to commit an act of terrorism. And assholes will start reporting people for shits and giggles, or in anger. More than once a person has been shot by the cops because some dickhead made a false report to the police.
At the same time, most of the mass shooters in our history were practically screaming with hints they planned a mass shooting. Its never spontaneous or impulsive. They always plan it. And often they telegraph their intentions and either nobody takes it seriously, or somebody does take it seriously but the authorities ignore them.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
somebody does take it seriously but the authorities ignore them.

Of course the authorities ignore the warning signs and warnings from family, friends, etc. Why would the authorities give a crap? All these mass-cal shooters kill are the "N's", kikes, slopes, chinks, and any other non-white group....so why worry? Ain't us......

Reactions: dank69

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
To be fair, we have not a clue how many mass shootings were prevented before they ever happened.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
To be fair, we have not a clue how many mass shootings were prevented before they ever happened.
Oh no I'm sure authorities have stopped tons of them. My concern is SWATTING and other shit that may get innocent or at least nonviolent people killed or thrown in prison. Eventually the government will overreach, the people will fight back, and the whole process starts again.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ironically because of new laws based on Republican fear mongering, schools in some states will not be able to teach what happened this weekend.

Bunch of triggered whities don't want their precious darlings to be taught the truth about race in this country. Meanwhile people died over a topic Republicans want to keep hidden.

CRT was one of the complaints in the terrorist manifesto.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Ironically because of new laws based on Republican fear mongering, schools in some states will not be able to teach what happened this weekend.

Bunch of triggered whities don't want their precious darlings to be taught the truth about race in this country. Meanwhile people died over a topic Republicans want to keep hidden.

Rules for thee, not for me. When others complain about these lessons, they’ll just hand wave away the complaints.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
My own Tucker watching father believes this stuff and white Americans used "replacement theory" to argue for reduced immigration from the country his family came from. Doesn't want to hear me when I call it out. Fox News makes older people terrified that the world will change one iota from a place that probably never existed in the first place and willing to latch on to increasingly extremest views. Just like when he tired to tell me there was no unrest in the 60s like during when the Floyd stuff was going on lol. Just totally divorced from reality.
It's good to give the sniff test to your sources. I do NOT watch Fox News.

I lived through the 1960's political turmoil. I was in Berkeley, CA 1/2 the time (Free Speech Movement at CAL, I went to ALL the protests, which were on campus), and the other 1/2 the time I was in Los Angeles, where the Watts riots happened in which blacks burned down their own neighborhoods because they could not stand living in them with the oppression being foisted on them constantly.

On top of this there was the assassination of John Kennedy and in well under a year the institution of a national draft to send young men (boys, really, their average age was 19) to Vietnam to fight a war that no one knew the reason for. I did not pass my induction physical, but I dreaded the idea of them putting me through basic training and putting a gun in my hands to fight in the Vietnam jungles (I knew that my father's soul was darkened by his ~2 years in the jungles of Burma fighting the Japanese in WW II, he came back a much different guy).

The protests against the Vietnam war, the black power movement with the Black Panthers and the violence surrounding that...

Ronald Reagan winning the governorship in California in 1966, capitalizing on the public's confusion and backlash against the student protest movements.

Tell me there was no unrest in the 1960's. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wonder how police were able to make the proper decisions to deescalate and capture this terrorist unharmed.

Yet those same decisions for some reason escape them when dealing with unarmed black men over traffic stops.

Remember Tamir Rice was given 1.5 seconds before cops shot him dead and Tamir hadn't harmed anyone. This guy killed 10 people and they just took him in calmly

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Wonder how police were able to make the proper decisions to deescalate and capture this terrorist unharmed.

Yet those same decisions for some reason escape them when dealing with unarmed black men over traffic stops.

Remember Tamir Rice was given 1.5 seconds before cops shot him dead and Tamir hadn't harmed anyone. This guy killed 10 people and they just took him in calmly
Wonder if they’ll release bodycams? But apparently some shots were fired by the cops.

And would love to see the takedown from the church. Priest throwing a chair and then tackled and hogtied.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
People need to stop using the phrase "lone wolf" to describe this event. This guy is not some anti-government shut-in who lived off-grid in rural Montana. This was an adult who was part of normal society and yet he still actively engaged with multiple online communities that held openly racist and extremist viewpoints. He is not a "lone wolf." He is part of a large and growing community of racists and genocide provocateurs. That's why this is so frightening.

Islamic Terrorism has lone wolves who do the very same, and egged on in very much the same ways.
No operational, logistical, or physical support in any way. Yet is ideologically pushed towards violence for the shared "idea".

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
Wonder if they’ll release bodycams? But apparently some shots were fired by the cops.
I didn't read that, but it could be true. It sounds like he had a gun to his own neck when he came out of store and was confronted by however many agitated cops with many guns. And he gave up without much more than a whimper. So he's a tough guy when shooting at unarmed people but just another angry internet sissy when confronted by people who can shoot back. Hopefully he spends a few years being sodomized in prison before execution. Wait, no death penalty in NY. How unfortunate. :(

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Islamic Terrorism has lone wolves who do the very same, and egged on in very much the same ways.
No operational, logistical, or physical support in any way. Yet is ideologically pushed towards violence for the shared "idea".
In this country are there any political leaders promoting Islamic terrorism?

Different answer for white nationalism or white replacement theory.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

Why should white school kids in Florida be made to feel guilty when another white kid in NY decides to kill a bunch of black people. I mean, they are not related and don’t have any control over the killer. It’s not their fault. amiright?

I see that one coming.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
He's who you wanted Kyle Rittenhouse to be, but never was. At least this time you have a racist hate monger who deserves to be executed in the shortest legally allowable time. That means Federal prosecution for premeditated murder hate crimes, a fast appeal and a death sentence carried out with due process.

It’s a good thing trump brought back firing squads and hangings.