A Warning Anonymous Deep Throat book incoming

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"It has been written as an act of conscience and of duty. "

If you felt that strongly about it you shouldn't remain anonymous. Seems pretty cowardly to me or just wanting to make the money while the iron is hot. I'm thinking the latter.

While the person isn't you, it doesn't mean they have to act exactly as you would. Why do you assume everyone is you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump DoJ threaten's author saying he will be violating "one or more nondisclosure agreements" by writing the anti-Trump book.

No one working in the administration can sign a legally-binding NDA, IIRC.

It is amazing to me that the DOJ is literally working under the assumption that they are the personal law firm of Donald Fucking Trump, and not of the United States.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
fuck this book. This person is a grifter. They should be hunted and hung for treason just for being in the admin.

You simply can't advocate being "hunted" and then "hung for treason" (extrajudiciallly?) here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So I had the lovely opportunity this weekend to spend a little time surrounded by a bunch of angry paranoid conservatives. One of them claimed to work for "The Intelligence Community". He also claimed "The Dems" used the law illegally to steal information which was what led to the Ukraine shit and some other shit coming out. He claimed the people trying to destroy America somehow abused a rule about making certain communications public simply because intelligence agencies had access to them.
Was he completely full of crap, or is there a possibility thats what actually happened?

On an unrelated note, I think he forgot it was Bush Jr who signed the Patriot Act. And for all the crying, the Republican controlled House and Senate and White House never did a damn thing to repeal any of those laws regarding intelligence gathering. But somehow this is all the Democrats fault.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
While the person isn't you, it doesn't mean they have to act exactly as you would. Why do you assume everyone is you?

I didn't say that they have to. Only stating my thoughts on the matter.

Where did I assume anyone was me?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Maddow has an advance copy (or excerpts from) and was reading from it and discussing it, last night.

One thing significant is that the author claims that most of those who were trying to thwart Trump are now gone.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Maddow has an advance copy (or excerpts from) and was reading from it and discussing it, last night.

One thing significant is that the author claims that most of those who were trying to thwart Trump are now gone.
Basically, newly-minted Administration officials (or those replacing others who left/were fired) would walk into a meeting with the President expecting to engage in a policy discussion, and soon discover that unless they brought a tweet-worthy graphic to the meeting, the President wouldn’t engage them. He wouldn’t even read any briefing documents unless reduced to a single paragraph with some disparaging remarks about his enemies thrown in.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Basically, newly-minted Administration officials (or those replacing others who left/were fired) would walk into a meeting with the President expecting to engage in a policy discussion, and soon discover that unless they brought a tweet-worthy graphic to the meeting, the President wouldn’t engage them. He wouldn’t even read any briefing documents unless reduced to a single paragraph with some disparaging remarks about his enemies thrown in.

Yeah, much of that was already known. I like the part about how his aides would encourage him to "do more campaign rallies" just to get him out of town and make him think about something other than his latest insane idea. I guess this helps explain why he started these rallies only months into his presidency.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"It has been written as an act of conscience and of duty. "

If you felt that strongly about it you shouldn't remain anonymous. Seems pretty cowardly to me or just wanting to make the money while the iron is hot. I'm thinking the latter.

See this is your vetting process : Fits your feelings, this is good enough for you to conclude shit.
If it does not align with your feels the evidence can be slapping you left and right and you still be going : Nah brah, i dont see it.

• Wow
Reactions: pcgeek11

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
today reporting that early cabinet members were actively discussing the 25th and that Mike Pence was on-board to step in as POTUS once Chief Shortbus was removed.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yeah, much of that was already known. I like the part about how his aides would encourage him to "do more campaign rallies" just to get him out of town and make him think about something other than his latest insane idea. I guess this helps explain why he started these rallies only months into his presidency.

That and he needs to feed his ego by surrounding himself with sycophants and "yes-men".