A warning against A New American Attack On Iraq

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm wondering if we were a truly energy independent nation, would we still be screwing around and messing things up in the middle east? But then American Big Oil wouldn't be American "Big Oil" anymore would they? And the Koch Bro's wouldn't be so powerful and influential as they are, would they?

And all of those billions and billions of $$$ spent making war over there would have gone toward building schools, improving infrastructure, curing cancer.....Nah, who am I kidding, the rich elite would find a way to get their grubby greedy paws on all of it no matter what.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Ever wonder why George H. Bush didn't complete the Iraq invasion after throwing Iraq troops out of Kuwait? The world certainly was on "our" side in that military action, much more than during GWB's Iraq war.

I tend to believe that GHB knew the ultimate conclusion of throwing out Hussein would be what we have today, the Muslim radicals from elsewhere in the region taking over the country. I think he knew the devil we knew was much more preferable to the unintended consequence of Muslim takeover of Iraq. Too bad GWB never understood that, but of course Rumsfield wanted to "complete" the war GHB didn't, so he got his puppet and did what he wanted.

Yep, we knew back then what would happen.