A tiny broke off piece from my GTX 760

Cyrenh

Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys,

I just received my EVGA gtx 760 today from the mail. When I opened the package, I found out a tiny little brown part broke off from the back. I don't know what the piece is for, or how crucial it is for my card to work. Card is brand new, and I just want to get a little expert advice if possible. I don't really want to return it back if it's nothing too drastic that would totally kill this new card...

I attached a pic to show more detail.
25z2zwm.jpg

Last edited:

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
That is a very easy fix for somebody handy with a soldering iron. I replace those all the time but.... with a brand new card and intact warranty I would be inclined to advise you to RMA it. If it were me I would probably call EVGA and see if they would still honor my warranty in the future if I told them I was able to fix this myself

The card may still work without it as there is some redundancy that goes into the design of these things.

Last edited:

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
Send it back.

If EVGA find you've been fiddling with it, they'll likely decline any warranty work.

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
Send it back. That piece came off, but you don't know why. If it was dropped and that snapped off, there could be all sorts of other unseen damage to the card.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
I would contact them tell them it that it came out of the box like that and get them to do a cross shipment, that way you get the new card first and then send the old one back

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
EVGA will advance ship you and they will send you a brand new replacement within 30 days. They helped with out with a GTX 650ti Boost and got me a brand new replacement right away. I had quite a few strange situations when I unboxed my EVGA products in the past.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Send it back.

Dont fiddle with the card dont boot it up even.
Send the pictures to a eVGA rep when they ask for proof.

They are really good at replacing things if its not your fault.
Ive even had caps which fell off and they replaced the card.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Yes. Send it back. Don't even install it to see if it works. Maybe they'll package your replacement GPU a little better.