A tiger at Bronx Zoo contracted coronavirus.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
And we will all go together when we go
What a comforting fact that is to know
Universal bereavement
An inspiring achievement
Yes, we all will go together when we go

Maybe this is the tigers way of getting back at us for that Joe Exotic guy.

Reactions: Number1

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Everyone is already infected.
Credits to the walking dead /s

Mar 11, 2004
And we will all go together when we go
What a comforting fact that is to know
Universal bereavement
An inspiring achievement
Yes, we all will go together when we go

Maybe this is the tigers way of getting back at us for that Joe Exotic guy.

Uh...the tiger got it from us. Not sure that the tiger can transmit it back (but I think we can assume that tigers are gonna have a hell of a lot harder time spreading it to us than us to them).

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

What if coronavirus begins to spread between domestic animals like cows, pigs, sheeps and dogs?
i heard this reported on a sports radio show this afternoon, they seemed shocked. it came from critters, not sure why anyone would be surprised it could spread to critters.

last year 1/4 of the world's domestic pigs were culled fighting swine flu. if this stuff jumps to pigs, bacon might be getting even more pricey

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
bacon might be getting even more pricey
The problem is not just bacon.

The bigger problem is if it jumps to cows, can you drink milk at all? How about other dairy products?

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Found this article. Hope the virus won't jump from human to cows and vice versa.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Uh...the tiger got it from us. Not sure that the tiger can transmit it back (but I think we can assume that tigers are gonna have a hell of a lot harder time spreading it to us than us to them).

I'm more worried about it jumping from tigers to lions to cheetahs to lynx and eventually to house cats. Then the cats can infect dogs, goldfish and parakeets. We won't be able to go to work and we won't be able to stay home either. This is a plot by the animals to take over our houses.

Tormac

Feb 3, 2011
I'm more worried about it jumping from tigers to lions to cheetahs to lynx and eventually to house cats. Then the cats can infect dogs, goldfish and parakeets. We won't be able to go to work and we won't be able to stay home either. This is a plot by the animals to take over our houses.

I hate to say this, but apparently house cats can get the corona virus.

(See https://wagwalking.com/cat/condition/coronavirus)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hmm... in this real-life game of Plague, Inc, it looks like the virus spent it's DNA mutation points on animal infectivity. Better for us than major organ failure, I guess.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's scary, I really hope it does not turn out it can hit domestic pets. We're going to be in a situation where people abandon their pets, or worse, government forces any infected pets to be put down. I hope it never comes to that.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
This could be a good thing. Imagine if everyone was forced to eat more plants. Our health and the environment would improve tremendously. Maybe this is nature's way of correcting the great imbalance we've created.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
That's scary, I really hope it does not turn out it can hit domestic pets. We're going to be in a situation where people abandon their pets, or worse, government forces any infected pets to be put down. I hope it never comes to that.

Pigs and cats can catch it, ferrets are basically just as susceptible as we are and apparently that is the animal of choice for testing treatments right now.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I am not going to have s problem staying 2m or more from a tiger.
And if I can't I'm going to have a bigger problem that C19!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
There's a few articles out there that say there's no evidence suggesting that ingesting the virus will make you sick. Stomach is too acidic for it and it can't replicate in food.