A thought regarding ads

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
One of my pet peeves when viewing the site on my PC (Win 10 using Chrome) is that when I click on 'what's new' or 'watched threads' (probably the same for any subforum?), it takes a moment for the ad to load, and if I'm in the middle of clicking on something everything will shift and I end up clicking on the wrong thread (or sometimes the ad itself). For a while, this appeared to have been addressed (maybe space was reserved on the page for the ad?), and I think it was good for a couple of months. Just this week it's started happening again. Not a huge issue, but definitely an annoyance.

I don't think anything changed on my computer, but can't rule out that it might just be me; I need to try it on one of my laptops and see if the behavior is the same. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this and find out whether there's a way to address it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
One of my pet peeves when viewing the site on my PC (Win 10 using Chrome) is that when I click on 'what's new' or 'watched threads' (probably the same for any subforum?), it takes a moment for the ad to load, and if I'm in the middle of clicking on something everything will shift and I end up clicking on the wrong thread (or sometimes the ad itself). For a while, this appeared to have been addressed (maybe space was reserved on the page for the ad?), and I think it was good for a couple of months. Just this week it's started happening again. Not a huge issue, but definitely an annoyance.

I don't think anything changed on my computer, but can't rule out that it might just be me; I need to try it on one of my laptops and see if the behavior is the same. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this and find out whether there's a way to address it.

Nah, not just you. Happens to me on mobile...android and apple devices. PITA.

Also, sometimes the ad content will cover things like the "mark read" button.

Reactions: Meghan54

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Today it started working like I want again; it seems to reserve the space for the ads (at least using my PC and Chrome) and I don't have the issue of everything shifting down when the ads load. :)