a tattoo im getting

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just a reminder: Make sure you know what a symbol represents BEFORE you get it permanently imprinted on your flesh.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Whether or not it hurts bad depends on your tolerance of pain. Certain spots do tend to hurt more. It also depends on how big of an area your covering, and how fast the artist works.
Again, healing time is different for individual people, ranging from several days to several weeks. Just be careful, and be reaaaaaaalllly cautious about scratching it.
Go and visit the tattoo parlors in your area and check them out. Don't go by word of mouth and advertisement alone. Make sure everything is clean, and that they use fresh needles, and all the other stuff they always warn you about.
And be careful - those things are addictive :p

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
errr.. y get tatoo? if u are a person under 21. try those fake tatoo (that u keep for like a week? i dotn know) and see if u like it. altho u can get rid of it, i think tatoo's are .... whatever,, if u want it i cant force my opinions just be wise.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I know what that symbol is, but I can't remember it right now. One of my Indian friends has that on his chain.

EDIT: I think it means Peace?

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
what Napalm381 said. the one showing in your picture looks cool, but what does it represent?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
i can't remember but i think it was the symbol for om

i've got it on the back of my beemer

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Tattoos suck. I don't see it as a form of art, but more of a disfigurement. Sorry for being the rotten apple out of the bunch here.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< It means I'm a dickhead. Acourse so does any tattoo >>

Hmmmmm, really? arse.

SHUX

Raj

Aug 14, 2000
this is the hindu symbol OM. I am wearing it around my neck right now, it is what is uttered during meditation. kidviciou$ is indian and i am guessing he is hindu, as am I. I thought about getting this tattoo, but dropped the idea. kid you and I are way too similar pal. anyhow, hope your biji bouji don't kick ur butt.

j/k
go for it man. if you like it then get it.

Ladi

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2000
My favorite body mod... :)

Outside of the arm hurt hardly at all for me, which is the general consensus from what I've heard. Inside hurts a lot for some people, just pinched a little bit for me (I also had a great artist who has a fairly gentle touch<plug>Carlos at Rising Dragon in the Village, NYC</plug>) However, have you thought about getting it done somewhere else like on your back or leg? It might be a bit more unique, and it will certainly be easier to hide (always ALWAYS important!). If you're not sure, DO NOT GET IT DONE! Ask a friend to do something in henna, for instance, and try that out for a few weeks, do your research, don't be impulsive. Coverups are expensive and require a skilled artist; removal is also costly and painful, and not perfect.

The tattoo will take about a month, give or take a few weeks to heal (beyond scabbing and tenderness), but I'd be careful about it as long as you can. Use vitaminA&amp;D cream or lotion *only* -- no petroleum jelly, no antibacterials (unless you are super-prone to infections) and do NOT bandage it. You should also lightly wash twice a day with a mild soap and pat, not rub, it dry; also, avoid long showers/soaking the tattoo. As several people have mentioned, don't scratch, itch, or pick at the scabs. Most aftercare that I've heard also recommends avoiding alcohol and other drugs before and after the tattoo.

I did the evil and picked a tattoo parlor nearly out of the air (one with a good reputation, of course), but there are some definite things to watch out for: ask to see photos of the artist's previous work so you can get an idea of what their strong points are and if you like their style. Occasionally, you'll also be able to talk to people who've had tattoos done by the artist. Absolutely check that fresh needles are used for each customer and that guns are *autoclaved* between every customer. Reputable shops will post or have available bacteria tests (that are done regularly) that show how safe the autoclave is. Definitely make sure you're comfortable with the shop and that it's clean -- you don't have to go to a hole-in-the-wall.

And the needle gun sounds scarier than it really is ;)

~Ladi

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
of course i know what it means

raj, i am hindu

i wouldnt mind getting a fake one for a little while just to make sure i like it, but i dont know of anyone skilled enough to give meo ne.

thanks for the info ladi

Be a man. Get a needle, boil it in hot water for 5 minutes. Wrap it in thread and dip it in India ink. Poke, poke, poke, instant tattoo.

I did not on my inner lip, pretty painful. Lucky it wore off after a few years.