A suggestion for this country going forward related to China and viruses

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It doesn't have anything to do with "white boys or black boys you are one racist son of gun. Everything isn't about race, no matter how hard you try and make it so.

That article you linked refers to a mutual fund for Christ sake. What a joke.

what reason does the president have for promoting a scientifically unproven drug, then? a quick fix because it's potentially helpful? lots of things might potentially be helpful. should we just start testing random shit? there's a reason we have the FDA, and a reason the FDA requires valid, scientific evidence (usually in the form of a clinical trial) to demonstrate safety and efficacy.

Reactions: feralkid

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Ok so you grade Trump on a curve because he is such a wonderful human being or he can't measure up to the standards of integrity of Obama. It's still affirmative action as you guys define it.

I'm not grading anyone on a curve, LOL.

Every chance you get you have to throw in a white comment or a black comment. Interjecting race where it doesn't belong... Racist is what you seem to be from your posting history.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
what reason does the president have for promoting a scientifically unproven drug, then? a quick fix because it's potentially helpful? lots of things might potentially be helpful. should we just start testing random shit? there's a reason we have the FDA, and a reason the FDA requires valid, scientific evidence (usually in the form of a clinical trial) to demonstrate safety and efficacy.

Trump isn't alone in promoting the drug.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Ignoring the problem does nothing to solve it. The Chinese people should be shamed and ostracized until they are civilized enough to join the rest of the world. The time for PC is over.

Negative. Chinese people are trying to improve their situation just like any other people. Whatever pain they encounter as a result of the world penalizing their government is justified. Individually shaming or ostracizing them is absolutely not.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
A) that doesn't answer my question.
B) what medical professionals are promoting it to the extent that Trump is? When asked on TV, Fauci (correctly) said if he wanted to get it as a patient, he'd enroll in a clinical trial.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It wouldn't have worked, most of the Trump plague came through Italy. There were no checks at the airport, even after we knew it was a total clusterfvck there.

Reactions: hal2kilo

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm not grading anyone on a curve, LOL.

Every chance you get you have to throw in a white comment or a black comment. Interjecting race where it doesn't belong... Racist is what you seem to be from your posting history.
Translation: pcgeek doesn’t know what a grading curve is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It always surprises me how easily people jump to conclusions. The first known case was apparently a 55 year old guy from Hubei Province of which Wuhan is a part. That was only ascertained well after the fact. He was first diagnosed with a non-specific viral pneumonia, a fairly common thing. Just because the market was the locus of the spread doesn't necessarily mean it originated there at all. Patient zero has never been identified so it's quite possible it entered the market from the outside. It's a crowded environment, so when people who work there got infected it spread readily. The same sort of markets can be found all over the world- Southeast Asia, India, Africa & S America.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wait a second, Trump is in a clip saying he isn't promoting the drug.

Which is it??

Also any credible medical groups who claim its fine to use in treating COVID-19?

I don't count the doctors hired by Fox News.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Translation: pcgeek doesn’t know what a grading curve is.
Of course @pcgeek11 denies grading Trump on a curve. That's why Obama wearing a tan suit was such a scandal.

Has he said anything about Trump wasting valuable briefing time bragging about his ratings vs the Bachelor? A President during a time of national life and death crisis discussing THE BACHELOR!! And still claims he isn't grading Trump on a curve. That's an F. Completely unfit for office.

He's full of shit but his brain doesn't know it.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Wait a second, Trump is in a clip saying he isn't promoting the drug.

Which is it??

Also any credible medical groups who claim its fine to use in treating COVID-19?

I don't count the doctors hired by Fox News.

Look outside of your bubble.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Of course @pcgeek11 denies grading Trump on a curve. That's why Obama wearing a tan suit was such a scandal.

Has he said anything about Trump wasting valuable briefing time bragging about his ratings vs the Bachelor? A President during a time of national life and death crisis discussing THE BACHELOR!! And still claims he isn't grading Trump on a curve. That's an F. Completely unfit for office.

He's full of shit but his brain doesn't know it.

I've never said anything about Obama in a tan suit. Duh.

Obama no longer matters, why do you keep bringing him into the conversation.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've never said anything about Obama in a tan suit. Duh.

Obama no longer matters, why do you keep bringing him into the conversation.
I bring him up to show you are grading Trump on a curve. The comparison shows.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Which is it. Is he promoting the drug or not?

If you look back I was using fenixgoon's word he used in his post I was responding too. Which was probably a bad choice of words...

Trump was giving his opinions of the drug and it's possible benefit as a treatment option.
If you take medical / drug advice from anyone not trained to provide such advice, well you're an idiot. Do I really need to explain this?

Reactions: Printed Circuit Bro

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

He's alone in doing so while being the President of the United States, though.

I mean, I guess he wouldn't be alone if he started selling his bathwater on the internet, but surely different standards apply if you are President?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
If you look back I was using fenixgoon's word he used in his post I was responding too. Which was probably a bad choice of words...

Trump was giving his opinions of the drug and it's possible benefit as a treatment option.
If you take medical / drug advice from anyone not trained to provide such advice, well you're an idiot. Do I really need to explain this?

As someone who is not a medical professional, Trump shouldn't be saying ANYTHING about treatments. By talking about it and procuring it, he is implicitly promoting it.
No, he's not explicitly saying "chloroquine will treat covid-19 and you should take it" but anyone with a remote understanding of English understands that he thinks it (or probably more likely, wants it) to be a viable treatment. There's no other reason to talk about a drug that's undergoing clinical review otherwise.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If you take any medical / drug advice from anyone not trained to provide such advice, Trump well you're an idiot. Do I really need to explain this?
FTFY. If you were honest

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11