A review of the Gtx 1050Ti

Medeia

Dec 5, 2018
Hello friend I'd like to say hello, I'm new to the forums; I'd like to become an avid member here so you'll be seeing me around!
Roughly four months ago I saw a great deal for a factory over-clocked 1050Ti, being distributed by PNY. I snagged it from the shelf for only $160, It was a great steal compared to the typical $200 dollar range I usually see on these cards. The installation of the card was quite easy, as any card should be, and installing the drivers was a breeze. I ran into no issues, I simply ran my display cable through it and downloaded some drivers. It was a thrill booting up for the first time with the new card, especially since I had been running a R340 (which is an AMD card) for a long while.
This card has to be by far a great entry level card, with most modern games getting sub sixty Fps. Playing through fallout 4 on the card was good, though It would drop to fifty sometimes when faced with some tougher rendering. It performed excellent in all three of the souls borne games, including PTDE and the remaster. I could get a consistent sixty out of those games, again though it would drop to fifty occasionally. Though that is the reason that I do not recommend the card to anyone, it under performs for what you may want to do; and the card itself is overtly expensive. If you want something way better you'd be better off with a 1060, or a 1070, just go all out instead of hitting the 1050Ti low. It is good for people who want to go green, but as far as I'm concerned the card isn't all that great.
Thanks everyone, I'll see you all later!

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
I disagree with you. 1050Ti is an amazing card provided you get it for a good price. I bought mine last month used and since i play at a low resolution of 1600 by 900 it performs really great. It draws hardly 65W of power and performs like a GTX 680 flagship card. However these days RX570s are going for a really great price in some countries that too with free games so 570 is a much better buy however that's not the case in all places. Some places 570 is still way too expensive compared to the 1050Ti so 1050Ti is still a great option in those situations. Also a Great way to convert a basic home PC into a Gaming PC which cannot be done with 570 as it consumes much more power.

Medeia

Dec 5, 2018
I disagree with you. 1050Ti is an amazing card provided you get it for a good price. I bought mine last month used and since i play at a low resolution of 1600 by 900 it performs really great. It draws hardly 65W of power and performs like a GTX 680 flagship card. However these days RX570s are going for a really great price in some countries that too with free games so 570 is a much better buy however that's not the case in all places. Some places 570 is still way too expensive compared to the 1050Ti so 1050Ti is still a great option in those situations. Also a Great way to convert a basic home PC into a Gaming PC which cannot be done with 570 as it consumes much more power.

It is an amazing card, though I still don't think it is worth the price typically. I'm sure some after market cards would go for cheap, or used ones; but I'm talking fresh off the shelf. Also I'm pretty sure it would get a solid 60 at 1600x900, though I'm playing at 1080x1920. It doesn't draw much power, and the thing is practically good with any amd CPU as far as I'm concerned. When you say it can convert any home pc into a gaming one I think that is very true, it is good for people who are new into PC gaming and it will do what we want right now.