a random praise for micro center

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I remember there was a thread about how the majority of the compusa salesperson are a bunch of morons. not so with micro center (at least in my experience) - whenever I ask people there for help, they usually have a solid knowledge of my question. and most of the salesperson are 25+ so they are typically more well trained. secondly, their return policy is unmatched: you can return ANYTHING (including softwares) for a full refund for 30+ days not like the measly 2 weeks for compusa. plus, the have wide selection of products, wider than most other brick and mortar stores (online stores usually have a better selection).

what sucks about them is that they rarely have any spectacular sales - this is where best buy and compusa wins.

what's your favorite computer store?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I agree...MicroCenter is really good. Whenver I goto my uncle's place (in Cambridge/Boston by the Charles River)...there's a Micrcenter just two minutes away. You can see it from the window in his apartment. Anyway..I went to that store a couple of times...it's really good and the prices aren't that bad. Also the sales people don't mind if you play with the toys.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I like MicroCenter too. There are quite afew people in the Cambridge store that know their stuff. Of course there are a few morons (Uhhh... what's a Pentium Pro?) but its hard to find good people. The best part is they stock REAL computer stuff. CrapUSA doesn't always stock what tweakers need.

Windogg

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I tend to like GPC Computers awesome store they got Microsoft Internet Keyboards for 24 bucks ther! not bad....

nate

DadofOne

Oct 12, 2000
I too like Microcenter--just wish they had more within 400 miles. I demo-day rep at Cambridge, and most of the time I spen more there than the paycheck provides....what the heck it is only 57 miles each way..... :confused:

ASK THE COMMUNITY