A poll for the obvious... more conservatives believe in God and the devil, liberals in reincarnation and UFOs

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Overall, most Americans think religion plays too small a role in people?s lives today (69 percent), with only 15 percent saying it plays too large a role and seven percent saying ?about right.?

In other words, 69% of Americans want to ram their religion down your throats.
rolleye.gif
By the way, what percentage of Americans don't believe in ANY of that crap? I feel under-represented. :p

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Overall, most Americans think religion plays too small a role in people?s lives today (69 percent), with only 15 percent saying it plays too large a role and seven percent saying ?about right.?

rolleye.gif
By the way, what percentage of Americans don't believe in ANY of that crap? I feel under-represented. :p
What about people who believe in all of it?

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Countdown till someone starts ranting about foxnews...

FOX CANCELED FUTURAMA AND FAMILY GUY!!! BASTARDS

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Countdown till someone starts ranting about foxnews...

FOX CANCELED FUTURAMA AND FAMILY GUY!!! BASTARDS

That was Fox, not FoxNews :D Nice try ;)

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I fear for the future of our nation, if that many people believe in such myths.

Do you feel this is some new phenomena that corrupted our society in the last decade or so? Where do you feel the majority of people stood when this nation was built over the last 200+ years?

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
69% of Americans want to ram their religion down your throats. By the way, what percentage of Americans don't believe in ANY of that crap?
5%. It says so right in the article.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"Where do you feel the majority of people stood when this nation was built over the last 200+ years?"

Witches were way up there, UFOs, marginal.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: her209
religion is why we have the middle east the way it is

no - fanatical religion is why.....

:)

CkG

I believe that God made liberals and Conservatives are really UFOians who keep comming back.. again and again and again. :)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
What kinda whack jobs still believe in heaven and hell? I mean for gosh sakes, why not worship the thunder god, Thor while you're at it and marvel at fire as the technological miracle that it is. Are these the same people that keep seeing images of the Saint Mary in their screen door and finding potato chips that look like a well-shaven Jesus?

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Liberals for the most part are always trying to prove their is no God and everytime they do they fall flat on their face, The last one I can remember is when they said if the red sea was parted, I don't care how long it was with a hole army in there they would be something on the bottom so they spent all the time and money and came up with pieces of wheels, and small rusted medal pieces, Dam them fish are a lot smarter than we thought, Then I went to war they say for you boys that don't believe in God you better find a good replacement,

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

rolleye.gif

i feel the same way about obnoxious atheists wanting to do the same about thier religious viewpoint.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: her209
religion is why we have the middle east the way it is

militant atheism has been the driving force behind more death and suffering than any religion has...

stalin...mao...pol pot... the bloodiest butchers in the world were all atheists.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." Albert Einstien.