A Pole. Who comes out on top of the Biden/Ryan debate?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who wins?

• Biden

• Ryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
No one.

But I'll go with Biden on this poll simply because he doesn't lie to the extent Ryan does.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
If this is a blowout, either way, like the first presidential debate I'll be shocked. Plus I really don't think the debate is going to move the needle either way.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Toss up for me, I can't predict. I do know if Ryan follows Romney's example and lies his ass off about how moderate he is, Biden will not let that go unchallenged. Whether Biden is successful or not, in the eyes of the hoi polloi, is another story.

It should be a slugfest. Must see TV! :D

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Vice President Biden will be awarded 200 points for correctly spelling his name.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
121011_paul_ryan_time_mag_328.jpg

Ryan and Biden meeting and posing for pictures before tonight's debate.

;)

:D
I voted Biden - I predict he'll be very scripted and hardly say anything stupid, that Raddatz unlike Leher will be in the tank for the Veep, and that the press narrative coming out of the debate will be how well Biden did - or at least, how poorly Biden didn't do. You simply can't set a bar lower than Biden's when it comes to saying something stupid and I'm guessing Biden will do well enough to be considered a victory.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Hmm, while most polls on this site have a definite democrat/liberal skew in respondents, here we have an almost even match.

I know Biden very well from his time as a Senator, he can turn on a lot of charm, though it most often comes off as hokey and fake in person, less so on a TV screen. He was instrumental in destroying Robert Bork's chances for a Supreme Court seat, one of the great travesties of the confirmation process.

I don't know Ryan, but am highly impressed by his personal energy and his grasp of facts and process. He was the go-to guy in Congress on the budget. He is genuinely a nice guy. He was my personal choice for VP before Romney made it official.

I give the nod to Ryan - he will have a better grasp of the facts, will demonstrate natural charm and overcome the likely bluster that is Biden's forte.

It will be an interesting evening.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hmm, while most polls on this site have a definite democrat/liberal skew in respondents, here we have an almost even match.

I know Biden very well from his time as a Senator, he can turn on a lot of charm, though it most often comes off as hokey and fake in person, less so on a TV screen. He was instrumental in destroying Robert Bork's chances for a Supreme Court seat, one of the great travesties of the confirmation process.

I don't know Ryan, but am highly impressed by his personal energy and his grasp of facts and process. He was the go-to guy in Congress on the budget. He is genuinely a nice guy. He was my personal choice for VP before Romney made it official.

I give the nod to Ryan - he will have a better grasp of the facts, will demonstrate natural charm and overcome the likely bluster that is Biden's forte.

It will be an interesting evening.

when will Ryan ever display a grasp of facts? dingelberry doesn't even use them when describing his own policies (See pub convention--his speech was rather historic in containing the most dense concentration of lies--most regarding his own policy!)

look at how I voted: Ryan wins by claiming he will do the exact opposite of what he is very much on record wanting to do.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
when will Ryan ever display a grasp of facts? dingelberry doesn't even use them when describing his own policies (See pub convention--his speech was rather historic in containing the most dense concentration of lies--most regarding his own policy!)

look at how I voted: Ryan wins by claiming he will do the exact opposite of what he is very much on record wanting to do.

I get the feeling that you wouldn't recognize the truth even if it was in the form of a Chinook Salmon slapping you across the face! :awe:

Fish_Slapping_by_shaoron1.jpg

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I get the feeling that you wouldn't recognize the truth even if it was in the form of a Chinook Salmon slapping you across the face! :awe:

Fish_Slapping_by_shaoron1.jpg

Right. A man who builds a reputation being one kind of person and then becomes another is a man we should trust and anybody who disagrees is brain dead.

You're just like Ryan and Magic Pants. You can say anything with a fucking straight face and then add that other folk are entitled to their opinion but not their own facts. You live in an altered reality and you're dangerous.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Right. A man who builds a reputation being one kind of person and then becomes another is a man we should trust and anybody who disagrees is brain dead.

You're just like Ryan and Magic Pants. You can say anything with a fucking straight face and then add that other folk are entitled to their opinion but not their own facts. You live in an altered reality and you're dangerous.

Hmmm I wonder if stating Joe and Kentucky Fried Chicken is considered acceptable in these forums too. :whiste:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
:wub: Palin!

I think just about any of us would be willing to fuck her brains out, sure.

...but does it not disturb you that it was nothing more than the collective hard-on and sleazy fuck-fantasies of the republic party that were 100% responsible for propelling her into national prominence?

Puddle Jumper

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
I've never gotten the impression that Biden was particularly sharp while Ryan at least has the reputation of being a smart guy although it remains to be seen how well that would translate to the debate. Still based on that I have to give Ryan the edge.

I'm surprised so many people seem to think Biden will turn things around and make up for Obama's performance in the first debate. I'm far from an Obama supporter but I'd still admit that he is intelligent and for the most part is good at getting his message across. I can't say the same for Biden.

Feb 19, 2001
Honestly, Biden's pretty dumb. He sounds like your average blue collar dude. Rough, not well educated, and just abrasive. Maybe that can charm people, but Paul Ryan sounds more of an intellect.

Biden will need a lot of prepared facts and probably just ram his way through with emotions with a debate like this but Ryan sounds like the guy who can adapt and use logic appropriately to beat an opponent. Sorry, but as a past debater, it bugs me when people fail to attack issues or respond with irrelevant comments. I can see Biden as the idiot at debate.

Ryan definitely.

And why Romney will have the upper hand at debates? He's a businessman. You obviously can't sound like a dipshit talking to your board of directors. He can sell his ideas, as BS as they are, and you know that counts for a lot. He can be eloquent or blunt, bu the'll be persuasive. You'd expect more from Obama given his lawyer background. If he sounded that stupid in the courtroom you wonder his track record.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I voted for Biden. I hope he kicks the ever loving hell out of that POS.

Any time I can see a truly crushing defeat for a Republican no matter how small it brings a smile to my face.

Not that I like Biden mind you, I just hope the entire GOP burns to the ground.

The election has been the Democrats to lose since Romney was picked by the GOP back in February.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Ryan has a hilarious way of blatantly lying about who he is and the details of his easily-researched policies.

so, of course he will win in the court of 5-hour attention spans ;)

Biden is a career politician blowhard.

What did Ryan Lie about?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I've never gotten the impression that Biden was particularly sharp while Ryan at least has the reputation of being a smart guy although it remains to be seen how well that would translate to the debate. Still based on that I have to give Ryan the edge.

I'm surprised so many people seem to think Biden will turn things around and make up for Obama's performance in the first debate. I'm far from an Obama supporter but I'd still admit that he is intelligent and for the most part is good at getting his message across. I can't say the same for Biden.

Who thinks Biden is gonna turn this around?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Biden looks like an ass up there laughing at... anything. Have some self control man you are VP.

Ryan wow! First Zinger DONE!