A pig farmer accused of being Canada's worst serial killer..

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
A pig farmer accused of being Canada's worst serial killer was found guilty of six counts of second-degree murder Sunday.

The verdict ended the trial of Robert 'Willie' Pickton on the first six of 26 murder charges in the deaths of women, most of them prostitutes and drug addicts from a seedy Vancouver neighborhood.

Pickton, 58, was tried for the killings of Mona Wilson, Sereena Abotsway, Marnie Frey, Brenda Wolfe, Andrea Joesbury and Georgina Papin. The defense acknowledged that their remains were found on Pickton's farm outside Vancouver, but denied he was responsible for their deaths.

The jury of seven men and five women Other Top Headlines Photos

began its deliberations Friday night. They had the option of finding Pickton guilty of first-degree murder, second-degree murder or manslaughter or not guilty on any of the six counts.

Prosecutors have said Pickton will be tried for the 20 other murder charges but no date has been set.

Text

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
The pig farmer line was from the movie Snatch.

And this guy screwed up...he should have fed the bodies to the pigs...

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yeah, I've followed this for a long while. Pretty fucked up. He used to dismember his victims and feed them to his pigs. I believe some of the pigs were slaughtered for human consumption.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Second degree murder... ya, there was no premeditation. He just brought em home and knocked them off one by one from 1 to 50 (not enough evidence for over half of them) in the heat of the moment...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Why would anyone kill prostitutes? :confused: Aren't they doing us a public service? If anything I'd be out killing lawyers or used car salesmen.

Mucho

Oct 20, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
The pig farmer line was from the movie Snatch.

And this guy screwed up...he should have fed the bodies to the pigs...

Actually he did, all they found were teeth and bones from which DNA was extracted.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Originally posted by: mrkun
He can be paroled after 10 years? WTF?

Canada is more civilized than places like the US where the death penalty is used

WTF does the death penalty have to do with civilization?

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: IGBT
A pig farmer accused of being Canada's worst serial killer was found guilty of six counts of second-degree murder Sunday.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Sure, he was caught but still deserves some credit. I'm not saying he's the best but come on!

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Originally posted by: mrkun
He can be paroled after 10 years? WTF?

Canada is more civilized than places like the US where the death penalty is used

WTF does the death penalty have to do with civilization?

i thought that was the argument against the death penalty, that only barbarian countries that aren't civilized still use the death penelty

Stiganator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2001
There was a dude in my hometown about 100 years back that killed his wife, cut her up, and put her in the pig trough. Just about the only thing of note for my town besides the 1919 cyclone that ganked us and stopped all growth.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
So aren't they going to blame America for this? Somehow our criminals have corrupted their society? Always seems to be America's fault when it comes to Canadian problems/crime.