A perfect example of the lack of self awareness and critical thinking of the MAGA crowd

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is a little different. So Amazon has a show called The Boys. It's a great show. It's about superheroes. But very flawed ones. It's dark humor is pretty good. So anyways. It's in the middle of Season 3 now.

Season 1 - it became clear to me after a few episodes this was going to be some scathing commentary of the current state of American politics (right-wing mostly), American consumerism and corporate culture. By the end of Season 1 it was so blatant I would think, even to a dummy. The main character is also a bit of Trump in there. Now this main character is Homelander, and at the time you could see MAGA people loved him, some wore some of his costume and stuff.

Season 2 - I mean it was so fucking blatant at this point it was like bashing you over the head with it, but still to me, a must watch.

Season 3 - Just continues to put out good episodes, they do poke fun at the parts of the left that are a bit too 'woke', but still. But it's still super clear as day this is a scathing critique of the state of the right these days.

So yesterday I saw an article that said, MAGA are now revolting against The Boys season 3 for being too woke and critical of them, they ruined the show. I said to myself, this can't be real. It took them this long? The episodes are an hour long, that means they've literally watched over 10-15 hours of this show before figuring it out.

So I went to Amazon's website and Season 3 had the worst rating of any season. The 1 star reviews were 25% of the reviews. So I looked at those, and holy shit, so many of them were MAGA saying the show has gotten too woke and ruined it or too SJW shit or that it now had a political agenda.

HOLY SHIT. To watch that much of a show and have zero self-awareness that this was a lot of a critique on you exactly and the politicians you venerate, and zero critical-thinking ability to figure it out either - it's just fucking scary. To have this many moronic people around that have absolutely horrific positions is dangerous. I couldn't believe it. I get that most conservatives don't care about reality or logic or facts, but I mean this was IN YOUR FACE hour after hour and they were clueless.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Similar in Star Trek Strange New Worlds, poking fun of the extreme right 2 times this season

Reactions: ivwshane

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Further evidence that the MAGA crowd is stunningly stupid.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Hey, if those MAGATS want to look down the barrel of a sixshooter and keep pulling the trigger to see if it's loaded or not, who the hell am I to tell them that they'll kill themselves doing that when all I'd get back from them is "yeah, so what's your point?"

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
LOL what part of the faux Christian anti-gay superhero who is a closeted homosexual did they not understand?

Of course they liked Homelander. He's a sick pathological narcissist, but a "patriotic" one! Who does that sound like?

Love that show. Haven't seen season 3 yet, but will get to it this weekend.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The main antagonist is called homelander. If you didn’t know this was a critique of silly right wing ness from episode 1. Idk what to say. Maybe they thought he was the protagonist? 🤣
Yea, its funny at first…. then dead seriously scary when it dawns, that yes, yes they were rooting for homelander… even the last scene from season 2 didnt flip em off.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
A few times here I have tried to highlight the stupidity and batshit that has taken over the right-wing mainstream.

I was accused of promoting it.

I still think we need a middle name thread that focuses purely on batshit right-wing conspiracies.

I still think constant sunlight on the batshit infesting these echo chambers is the best course of action.

Reactions: cytg111

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I started to watch the first episode when it came out but the scene with the young girl and the superhero character sketched me out so I stopped... :oops:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
This is a little different. So Amazon has a show called The Boys. It's a great show. It's about superheroes. But very flawed ones. It's dark humor is pretty good. So anyways. It's in the middle of Season 3 now.

Season 1 - it became clear to me after a few episodes this was going to be some scathing commentary of the current state of American politics (right-wing mostly), American consumerism and corporate culture. By the end of Season 1 it was so blatant I would think, even to a dummy. The main character is also a bit of Trump in there. Now this main character is Homelander, and at the time you could see MAGA people loved him, some wore some of his costume and stuff.

Season 2 - I mean it was so fucking blatant at this point it was like bashing you over the head with it, but still to me, a must watch.

Season 3 - Just continues to put out good episodes, they do poke fun at the parts of the left that are a bit too 'woke', but still. But it's still super clear as day this is a scathing critique of the state of the right these days.

So yesterday I saw an article that said, MAGA are now revolting against The Boys season 3 for being too woke and critical of them, they ruined the show. I said to myself, this can't be real. It took them this long? The episodes are an hour long, that means they've literally watched over 10-15 hours of this show before figuring it out.

So I went to Amazon's website and Season 3 had the worst rating of any season. The 1 star reviews were 25% of the reviews. So I looked at those, and holy shit, so many of them were MAGA saying the show has gotten too woke and ruined it or too SJW shit or that it now had a political agenda.

HOLY SHIT. To watch that much of a show and have zero self-awareness that this was a lot of a critique on you exactly and the politicians you venerate, and zero critical-thinking ability to figure it out either - it's just fucking scary. To have this many moronic people around that have absolutely horrific positions is dangerous. I couldn't believe it. I get that most conservatives don't care about reality or logic or facts, but I mean this was IN YOUR FACE hour after hour and they were clueless.

Totally agreed. I've watch the show from launch and it was clear that there was a "message" throughout the whole thing. I laughed pretty hard that they finally caught on three seasons later.

But then again, this is them:

and then there's this:
1656102342199.png

these people ARE NOT SMART and that is the root of their (and in turn, everyone's) problems.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
The right loved Marvel, until Brie Larson started spewing off, then all of a sudden it's woke.

They also loved Yellowstone, until they realized it too is a woke show in disguise, written by a woke cowboy of all things.

Then came the spin-off, 1883, and they also realized that despite the characters being their type, they were played by woke actors, so they couldn't watch anymore. I mean who would believe that an ACTOR could portray someone else entirely.

Bunch of fucking pussies.

Reactions: Linux23

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Season three has been ridiculous and awesome so far. It’s also a continuation from past seasons in terms of making fun of magats.

No one has ever accused the right of being intellectually intelligent though so…

Reactions: Brovane

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Season three has been ridiculous and awesome so far. It’s also a continuation from past seasons in terms of making fun of magats.

No one has ever accused the right of being intellectually intelligent though so…
I know totally. But to take over 2 seasons to figure, that's like 16 hours of the show, to then figure out the whole point of it that was not subtle at all?

So fucking dumb these people are

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Totally agreed. I've watch the show from launch and it was clear that there was a "message" throughout the whole thing. I laughed pretty hard that they finally caught on three seasons later.

But then again, this is them:

and then there's this:
View attachment 63541

these people ARE NOT SMART and that is the root of their (and in turn, everyone's) problems.

That's the funniest shit ever seeing MAGAtards dance to a song about white supremacists in the police.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Pro Tip: They don't actually watch the show, some right winger on the radio or Fox bitched about the show and all these morons went and gave it bad reviews without watching it. Happens with "woke" movies and books too, a lot of the time before the public release.

Reactions: Vic

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Pro Tip: They don't actually watch the show, some right winger on the radio or Fox bitched about the show and all these morons went and gave it bad reviews without watching it. Happens with "woke" movies and books too, a lot of the time before the public release.
Yeah, the replies mostly say "woke" without them actually knowing what the word means. I doubt many watched the show either.

Plus the 1 stars are posted by a ton of bigoted homophobes.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

I view "The Boys" as a reflection of the current state of America and how the "good guys"(Democrats) are using the Government, Big Corporations, the Media, and celebrities to target an attack the "bad guys"(Non Democrats). When in reality, the "Good Guys" have fallen in love with the "Totalitarian hottie" due to being very flawed and corrupt, and have become the self anointed rulers of righteousness and are directly driving society into the side of a giant whale carcass. The Boys should be viewed as more of a warning against the Liberal cult than propping up wokeness.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I view "The Boys" as a reflection of the current state of America and how the "good guys"(Democrats) are using the Government, Big Corporations, the Media, and celebrities to target an attack the "bad guys"(Non Democrats). When in reality, the "Good Guys" have fallen in love with the "Totalitarian hottie" due to being very flawed and corrupt, and have become the self anointed rulers of righteousness and are directly driving society into the side of a giant whale carcass. The Boys should be viewed as more of a warning against the Liberal cult than propping up wokeness.
That paradox machine is burning full throttle upstairs is it not? How long you think it’ll last? Its gonna break one way or the other…