A perfect example of the lack of self awareness and critical thinking of the MAGA crowd

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I mean one of the antagonists is called "Stormfront", how much more obvious can it get?

Great show by the way. Waiting till season 3 is over so that we can binge.

Reactions: Pens1566

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I view "The Boys" as a reflection of the current state of America and how the "good guys"(Democrats) are using the Government, Big Corporations, the Media, and celebrities to target an attack the "bad guys"(Non Democrats). When in reality, the "Good Guys" have fallen in love with the "Totalitarian hottie" due to being very flawed and corrupt, and have become the self anointed rulers of righteousness and are directly driving society into the side of a giant whale carcass. The Boys should be viewed as more of a warning against the Liberal cult than propping up wokeness.

Hoooooooooooooooly shit.

Seth Rogan is literally the EP on the show, and you think that's the message they are trying to get across with it?
Eric Kripke, the show's showrunner has literally explained it. Here's one of his many quotes about the show:

“He’s always been a Trump analogue for me. I’ll admit to being a little more bald this season than I have in past seasons. But the world is getting more coarse and less elegant. The urgency of our team’s writing reflects that. We’re angrier and more scared as the years go on, so that is just being reflected in our writing.”

You could not be more wrong.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Shouldn't be a surprise that conservatives root for the villain on a TV show. They've been rooting for the villian in real life for years now.

Homelander is IMO a direct and intentional metaphor for Trump.

This is the message: What happens when a narcissist is given too much power?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Shouldn't be a surprise that conservatives root for the villain on a TV show. They've been rooting for the villian in real life for years now.

Homelander is IMO a direct and intentional metaphor for Trump.

This is the message: What happens when a narcissist is given too much power?

see my quote from the showrunner right above your post.

Reactions: woolfe9998

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
see my quote from the showrunner right above your post.

I see that, and I swear I did not read it before posting. The next quoted part after the one you posted is also worth reading:

"But part of it is where Homelander’s story naturally goes. He has this really combustible mix of complete weakness and insecurity, and just horrible power and ambition, and it’s just such a deadly combo.

Of course he would feel victimized that people are angry that he dated a Nazi. All he ever wants is to be the most powerful person he can be, even though he’s completely inadequate in his abilities to handle it. So it’s white-male victimization and unchecked ambition. And those issues just happened to reflect the guy who, it’s just still surreal to say it, was fucking president of the United States. And it’s a bigger issue than just Trump. The more awful public figures act, the more fans they seem to be getting. That’s a phenomenon that we wanted to explore, that Homelander is realizing that he can actually show them who he really is and they’ll love him for it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Linux23

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Pro Tip: They don't actually watch the show, some right winger on the radio or Fox bitched about the show and all these morons went and gave it bad reviews without watching it. Happens with "woke" movies and books too, a lot of the time before the public release.

I dunno man. You see some of these Trumpers on social media, in comments sections, being interviews like with Jordan Klepper, they are literally that fucking dumb. Which is why we are in so much trouble.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
In reference to the OP's topic title, the Repubs don't need self-awareness and critical thinking because their political leadership don't want them to have it. All their leadership wants are voters who are receptive to their lies and misinformation of which is very much like if not identical to the Christian clergy of the nation preaching politics from their pulpits to a captive audience that have been conditioned to be obedient and receptive to their religious leader's "sermonizing" because "these preacher's words are God's words being directed through them".

Wait 'til the GOP, with the technical guidance of every politically active member of the priesthood, comes out with their own version of the bible. It's already being spread by word of mouth at churches across America and it would be such a simple thing to put their corrupted blasphemous politically tainted scripture into print.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Finished Season -3 - It was epic. The ending was great with
Starlight explaining how Homelander really doesn't care about you after he bitched out.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Geez I guess I have to watch it now!!

I tried to, but the wifey and I are still catching up with Stranger Things episodes, latecomers as we are to that series. However, we will delve into it based purely on the principle that if the conservatives don't like it then it must be fun to watch what with their having absolutely no tolerance for self-reflection and ownership of their desire to deny the rights of those that oppose their plans to transform the nation into a fascist one, of which has become the only possible way they can rule the nation while being the minority party.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Finished Season -3 - It was epic. The ending was great with
Starlight explaining how Homelander really doesn't care about you after he bitched out.
There are still two more episodes in this season. They release on Friday. So at midnight tonight and then next week will be the finale.

Reactions: Brovane

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
There are still two more episodes in this season. They release on Friday. So at midnight tonight and then next week will be the finale.

That is awesome, for some reason I thought this season was 6 episodes. :D

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
That is awesome, for some reason I thought this season was 6 episodes. :D

Sounds like a pleasant surprise :)

I'll be getting home from the city tonight probably around 11:30, and I'll be watching Episode 7 at midnight