A perfect example of hard work and achieving your goals...

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Way to go, Ms. Lewis. From zero to heroine, indeed.

On Sept. 6, Lewis posted a photo of all of the nametags and work IDs she has proudly worn throughout her journey to success. Her post went viral — it’s been shared more than 90,000 times — and is inspiring others to achieve their goals as well.

Lewis’s journey started over 10 years ago, when at 16 she got her first job as a KFC crew member. She used the money to help out her mom and dad and to have extra cash. But she always had her goals clear in her mind: “I knew I wanted to be a nurse,” she says. “I love to help people. I do it with joy in my heart.”

Despite losing so many loved ones, Lewis never dropped out of school. She says it was her faith in God that helped her through the tough times. She graduated in 2014 with her associate degree in nursing and started right away to pursue her bachelor’s degree and graduated in May 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-perfect-example-hard-work-achieving-goals-172707203.html

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Well done, but this bothers me...

The professor’s prediction sadly came true for Lewis. She lost her dad, cousins, and dog in a tragic house fire.

“One of my best friends called me hysterically crying,” Lewis recalls. “When I heard the news, I dropped to my knees. My mom made it out alive just by a miracle of God.”

God said:
fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you!. Moms? Here, have a miracle.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I wish I had faith in God. Seems nice. Instead I just know everyone is a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
You apparently have faith in Dr Cox, which is basically the same thing.

:D

Had to go look up the full quote which is classic:

"Lady, people aren’t chocolates. D’you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don’t find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine."

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Wow. Easily triggered people here.
I am your sunshine.

Are we also snowflakes who need safe-spaces when triggered? Al Gore could finally retire to his giant mansion and private jet if people were as good at recycling in real life as they are at recycling tired insults on the interweb.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Patient: I'm a Jehovah's Witness, I can't get a transfusion. We believe that blood should not be passed from person to person
Dr. Cox: Well I'm a doctor and we believe that without surgery a patient in your condition can suffer from a major case of deadness.

:D:D:D

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I do grouse a lot. Should probably seek counseling.

Oh, wait, I married a counselor 21 years ago. It didn't help.:(

I dated a massage therapist for a while. Actually, my massage therapist. After we started dating, I didn't get anymore massages. (I guess I traded them for happy endings)

Actually, she ended up making me give her some massages.

I guess the moral of the story is don't marry a mental health professional. Ask my wife.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I dated a massage therapist for a while. Actually, my massage therapist. After we started dating, I didn't get anymore massages. (I guess I traded them for happy endings)

I guess the moral of the story is don't marry a mental health professional. Ask my wife.
So I'm effed...

Cool....right?

Last edited:

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
I wish I had faith in God. Seems nice. Instead I just know everyone is a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling.

Amen

x4n3g0.png

Reactions: Ns1

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Doesn't seem all that remarkable. More or less a standard life. And a "perfect example" wouldn't include superstition and unplanned pregnancy.

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Are we also snowflakes who need safe-spaces when triggered? Al Gore could finally retire to his giant mansion and private jet if people were as good at recycling in real life as they are at recycling tired insults on the interweb.
Yes? I'm blessed to get to spend a lot of time with my wife ...

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Not everybody wants to take their work home ....