A peek at the life of da Mucman! (Had a digital camera for a day)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
My friend loaned his digital camera to me so I could take pictures of our server room, but I ended up going overboard :). We got pics of you know who, my cats, my kickass room with a bunk bed! (what's wrong with a 22yo with a bunk bed?).

Enter if you dare!

I figure after 3000 posts I should remove this paper bag off of my head a reveal the true Mucman ;)

samgau

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Looks like your little girls are not so little after all.... those are big cats... :)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hehe, the black and white one looks bigger because she is a long hair. She is bigger than the average cat but I think she has come to terms with the way she looks :). The other one is very cute, but she is not as cuddly as my Misty :) (the other one is Mercedes).

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks baffled2, but the paper bag is going to have to stay on. I like it because to me it is a metaphor of the anonymity of the net. It reminds me that I cannot judge anyone because I do not know you, and nor can I take offense if someone judges me because they do not really know who I am.

I will send all compliments to my cats, I am sure they will appreciate them :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< nice cats,nice server room, nice pics of youtself, please leave the bag off now :) >>

Awww...that's so nice

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
C Minor 7th (great chord ;)) - I haven't read all of those books. The Visual C++ collection I got for $40 at the local computer book store. I have a collectors mentality which you can probably tell by the games,books and all the PC Gamers and other magazines I have (seen behind the first cat picture).

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
This is your last chance! If you like my web developement I charge .05 cents a page ;).

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Very cool pics! I'm a little confused about something. That server room...with the stand-alone AC unit. Is that in your house? All the other pics appear to be taken at your house. Those are like, 24-port switches...patch panels...the whole nine. Is that all in your house? If so, why? Do you host a site from your "domain?" (Harhar, I made a cool funny/parody!) What kinda connection do you have? Sheesh, that's a lot of equipemtn. Beats the crap out of my Netgear RT314!

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
MichaelD - LOL, no all that server equipment is at work :). We have an OC3 going into the Cisco 7240 (tiny yellow fiber-optic cable wrapped in a white sheath). From there the connection goes to the 48 port Cisco switch. That switch connects all the public VLANs of our network to the net, the other 24 ports switches are for our private VLAN and co-located, and internet customers in the building.

Thanks for reminding me to take pictures of my home network :). I got 6 computers setup at home. I am using a 486/50MHz running Freesco and I got a P150 running Debian that is running SAMBA and DJBDNS (now I never can complain if my ISP's DNS servers go down). The 4 other computers are for internet, gaming, and movies.