A Palestinian Hero is Finally Coming Home

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Link

Would-be bomber tells Gaza kids to be like her
Female terrorist released in Shalit swap encourages Gaza children to take up terror, expresses hope some of them will become martyrs; Wafa a-Biss detained in 2005 en route to exploding in Israeli hospital
Reuters
Published: 10.19.11, 17:33 / Israel News

A would-be Palestinian suicide bomber freed by Israel in the prisoner swap for soldier Gilad Shalit told cheering schoolchildren in the Gaza Strip the day after her release on Wednesday she hoped they would follow her example.

"I hope you will walk the same path we took and God willing, we will see some of you as martyrs," Wafa al-Biss told dozens of children who came to her home in the northern Gaza Strip.

Biss was travelling to Beersheba's Soroka hospital for medical treatment in 2005 when Israeli soldiers at the Erez border crossing noticed she was walking strangely. They found 10 kgs (22 lbs) of explosives had been sewn into her underwear.

A member of al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an offshoot of President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party, Biss was sentenced to a 12-year term for planning to blow herself up.

After she spoke, the children cheered and waved Palestinian flags and chanted: "We will give souls and blood to redeem the prisoners. We will give souls and blood for you, Palestine."

'Unfortunately bomb didn't work'
Biss said she had planned to blow herself up at the checkpoint but her detonator malfunctioned.

"Unfortunately, the button did not work at the last minute before I was to be martyred," Biss told Reuters.
She said she had not yet adjusted to her freedom and arose early on Wednesday for prison roll call.
"This morning I woke up in my room, wore my scarf and stood up awaiting the line-up time before I realized I was home and not in jail," she said.

Once she settles back to her routine, Biss said she plans to complete university psychology studies but added that she remained defiant in the face of Israeli warnings to act against those who return to militancy.

"We will pursue our struggle and (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu) knows that. Arrests will not deter us from our strong battles and confrontation in the face of Zionist arrogance in the land of Palestine," she said.

Biss was one of 477 Palestinians freed by Israel on Tuesday in the first stage of an exchange with Gaza's Hamas Islamist rulers that ended Shalit's five years of captivity. Another 550 Palestinians will be freed in the second stage later this year.

I said it before and I will say it again - this exchange deal is a disgrace. It will only bring Israelis misery. This deal signifies an Israeli surrender to the Palestinian bloodthirst. I don't think the Israeli public will accept another deal like this. I'm very happy to see Shalit at home but this deal should not have happened.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Isn't this just going to motivate the Palestinians to try to capture more Israeli soldiers? Not sure what the Israelis are up to here.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
As I said in the thread I created on this topic, I don't understand it either. What is Netanyahu's end game here? This strikes me as one of the stupidest moves Israel has ever made.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Go screw yourselves you anti-Semites. Criticism of Israel just strengthens the Palestinians.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
As I said in the thread I created on this topic, I don't understand it either. What is Netanyahu's end game here? This strikes me as one of the stupidest moves Israel has ever made.

It's just another immoral deal in an history of many such deals. It's been established - by the Arabs no less - that a single Israeli is worth hundreds, and now more than a thousand, Arabs.
Nethanyahu did this to let off some of the domestic pressure he was facing and sway the media attention the other way. Admittedly he's haunted by the liberal-leaning media. It's a true "damned if you do, damned if you don't" case. When he refused to release Shalit he was criticized, and when he agreed to this deal he was criticized all the same.

Nethanyahu is a smart fellow and an excellent speaker but simply unable to withstand pressure.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I am kind of confused at the release of so many Palestinians for the return of one Israeli soldier...

Is this some kind of back-handed message saying that 1 = 100?

Is this an attempt to re-seed the cloud to enable further military action? Is Netanyahu "slipping in the polls" and is doing this to garner support?

It is kind of confusing.

As for clown-face, I can't tell whether he is just rabble rousing or is serious. If the latter, yeah ANY criticism of Israel is a sin and should be punishable by death because even though Israel is run and occupied by HUMANS it is perfect in everything it does.... :rolleyes:

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Isn't this just going to motivate the Palestinians to try to capture more Israeli soldiers? Not sure what the Israelis are up to here.

From what I understand, some Palestinians have already stated that they're going to kidnapp more soldiers to get more prisoners back.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Regarding the entire sitation, im conflicted. This has been a major issue in israel since the time of Gilads kidnapping. I feel for his family and im sure they're happy to get him back. On the other hand, doesnt this set up a dangerous precedent? it basically shows those animals that Israelis care so much about life, that they would be willing to do such a lopsized exchange.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
1,000 get released, they go back to terrorizing Israel, they then get shot/killed.

This what you've all been hoping for; more dead Palestinians.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
MP, I was trying not to be that macabre, but yeas.

It is easier to justify shooting a combatant than a prisoner.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Despite things such as prisoners like this being released, there is certainly an important aspect with regards to morale insofar as having your soldiers know that they will not be left behind and forgotten. That's really what this was about......it wasn't about just one soldier, it was about proving to the rest of the nation and armed forces that they would not be forgotten in such a situation.

That said, it was a shitty choice either way. And as the post above me says, it will probably just lead to more dead palestinians.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its somewhat the universal semantic problem, one man's terrorists is another man's freedom fighter.

Nor is Israel untainted by its terrorists past, as its entire IDF and two or more PM's were old line terrorists against the British.

But we have had more than enough threads on that subject that amount to pissing contest after another. That solve nothing.

Until the responsible international community and the UN search for ways to fairly solve the problem, the mid-east and Israel will know no peace.

And right now as the UN refuses to step up to the plate, it only has the net effect of diplomatically isolating the US and Israel, and endorsing more international terrorism all over the planet.

I am on the side of a Palestinian State that could do much to defuse the tensions, while Bozo Netanyuhu and his crazed settler parties prevent all progress, but the question in my mind is how can anyone on any side like the status quo?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Its somewhat the universal semantic problem, one man's terrorists is another man's freedom fighter.

No. Planting bombs in shopping malls and murdering babies in their sleep with a butcher knife is not in fact freedom fighting.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
No. Planting bombs in shopping malls and murdering babies in their sleep with a butcher knife is not in fact freedom fighting.

Nor is detonating oneself with 22lbs of explosives strapped in one's underwear in a hospital. Funny you and I can make these moral distinctions but LL can not. I suspect something about LL's mental ability is truly borderline.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Do you persinally consider this bomber's actions -- attempting to blow up a civilian hospital and encouraging children to one day do the same -- heroic or justifiable in any way, shape, or form?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Hamas gains political support/influence.
Isreal stays true to her people

Will Hamas use the increased influence to further the cause of a Palestinian state or try to destroy any progress. That becomes the key issue.

We know Israel will lash out should anything be launched against her. Her fury will be worse if a released prisoner is involved.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

If it were me, embolden the enemy to make them strike. Any such action can then justify a most brutal response.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Nor is detonating oneself with 22lbs of explosives strapped in one's underwear in a hospital. Funny you and I can make these moral distinctions but LL can not. I suspect something about LL's mental ability is truly borderline.

He just shrugs it off as "tit-for-tat" violence as he calls it and then brings up some incident where a military strike mised it's intended target and hit civilians.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Lemon Law is being forced to ignore these moral distinctions!!!
Because the condominium that his parents have in the gaza could be taken away if their son doesn`t abide by the contract that his parents signed in order to live in a luxurious condominium in the gaza!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But when Monacan Begin bombed the king David Hotel and his goons murdered unarmed Palestinians villagers in the multiple thousands, that was in fact freedom fighting in its finest definition.

But now Israel is beyond that that now, now that it has all the arms will keeping 30% of its population as perpetual third class citizens. There is just something noble about Israelis committing mass murder and international war crimes in the safety of a tank or plane, and something savage about a Palestinian being willing to die in a suicide attack because its the only way they have to assert their human rights?

Which takes more courage? Maybe the true test of real freedom fighting.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Matt1970 called it like Babe Ruth! :)

Not surprising, though... LL has been hugging and supporting Islamic terrorists for years -- so much so that I sincerely hope he's on an official watch-list.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Matt1970 called it like Babe Ruth! :)

Not surprising, though... LL has been hugging and supporting Islamic terrorists for years -- so much so that I sincerely hope he's on an official watch-list.

:eek: LL cant possibly be that bad can he?