A nine-year-old girl was married off to a dog..... and more funny news stories for today

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
A nine-year-old girl was married off to a dog in the presence of more than 100 people in eastern India under a tribal custom to protect the child from evil.

Karnamoni Hasda wedded the street dog last week in West Bengal state's Hooghly district in a common practice among the Santhal tribe, the Press Trust of India (news - web sites) news agency said, quoting local officials.

According to Santhal belief, if a child's first tooth appears on the upper gum he or she is in grave danger that can only be warded off by a marriage with man's best friend. The child can remarry a human after growing up.

The report said Karnamoni's canine marriage did not take place immediately after her first tooth appeared because her father's financial problems did not allow for a wedding at the time.

More funny news stories....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
now that's really sad, we should set up some sort of Paypal account so children don't have to live corrupted by evil, I would have footed the bill for her wedding had I known.

MAW1082

Jun 17, 2003
Alistar:

I dont know about you, but I like to READ these posts on these forums, as indicated by the fact that i just became a member. Please dont post so much. We know what you think. You're from a state in the deep south, which, if i remember correctly, desperately wanted to hang the confederate flag at their state capital. That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of. You support Bush and pretty much everything he does. I'm glad you believe in something, but please don't spread you slanted opinion and view of the world too much. Let some other people speak . . .

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MAW1082
Alistar:

I dont know about you, but I like to READ these posts on these forums, as indicated by the fact that i just became a member. Please dont post so much. We know what you think. You're from a state in the deep south, which, if i remember correctly, desperately wanted to hang the confederate flag at their state capital. That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of. You support Bush and pretty much everything he does. I'm glad you believe in something, but please don't spread you slanted opinion and view of the world too much. Let some other people speak . . .

It's an open public forum, if you don't like what he says DON'T read it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: MAW1082
Alistar:

Yes I just recently moved to the south less than a year ago from Cleveland, Ohio, where I grew up and spent my entire life. Not the DEEP south either, 2 miles from the NC border. Nice assumptions you make though, always a measure of intellect.

I do not support Bush, I disagree with the GOP's fiscal policies, their environmental agenda, and most of what Ashcroft tries to do among other things. I also look at things from a factual basis. I provide links to back up any claims I make, and dare you to prove me wrong. I would love the challenge and can readily admit when I am wrong.

Anyone can "speak" anytime they want, my posting does not interfere with their right, and you will never see me advising anyone to not share their opinion, which is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of myself. I won't blame that on your geographical location though, thats all on you.

You said you like to read, less posts, less to read ya know.....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
oh yeah, Welcome to AT....

I see you are from PA, lifelong Steelers fan even though I grew up in Cleveland.

I still have some family members there that never made it down the mountain, I'm guessing you know them......;)