A new race - now for a trophy! The race has started!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
At last Leiden Classical has updated the numbers stats.
I will finish all the tables some time tomorrow and thus also finish the race.
The stats came too late to be included in the Formula-BOINC-stats and that is the reason I am not doing the stats just now ...

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
They have WUs too. I'm running some again.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Here are the final stats for the Trophy Belt Race.
Sorry for being late - the race endend some days ago, but I really wanted the Leiden Classical stats to become more solid, which they seem to be now ...

The individual stats for Leiden Classical:

2zqexwz.jpg

The winner of the Leiden Classical #2 leg of the race is biodoc. Congrats on the win!

The individual stats for the whole race - version 1:

5lxz0x.jpg

The winner of the Trophy Belt Race, and the recipient of the Trophy Belt, is TennesseeTony, 57 points, second is biodoc with 53 points and third is salvorhardin with 45 points. Congrats all!

The individual stats for the whole race - version 2:

ejz8y.jpg

Just a different way to present the different legs of the race ...

The TeAm's standing in Leiden Classical:

2jdhs9w.jpg

We ended as #3 in this project. A very credible position considering all the trouble this project had and the low yield of the crunching. Well done - and the margin is quite comfortable.

The TeAm's standing in all projects in Formula-BOINC:

2v94uap.jpg

The TeAm's standing in total Formula-BIONC:

13yn0z.jpg

We started with 25 points and position #25. We end the race with 88 points and #16. That is a very good showing for a team, which is so small as ours ... We had at most 89 points and the highest position was #16.
Let us consider the following:
Our TeEm has 1523 members with BOINC-points.
SETI.USA has 16 700 members, L'Alliance Francophone 15 500 members, Czech National Team 12 800 members, Seti.Germany has 23 600 members, BOINC-Poland has 9 400 members, etc. Our production/member is very good and we have all the reasons to be proud of the efforts and the results.

I'll be back now and then with more comments.
Lets continue crunching to keep our position (or at least not to loose too much ...)

Thanks all for taking part!

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I have decided to host a similar race in October/November 2015.
I have not yet considered what rules there will be, and if any price ...

In December I'll host the 10th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season Race.
I expect that autumn 2015 will be a very interesting racing season ... ;)

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for all the stats, really appreciate it.
I'll bring my small group to the fall bash :)

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Thanks petrusbroder for setting this all up, and look forward to doing it again in the fall.

Congratulations to TennesseeTony. Now if this were pro wrestling, 4 or 5 of us would be recruited by biodoc, and join him in ambushing you while you were celebrating your win. We would then surround you and take turns beating you into unconsciousness with your newly won belt. Then we would take your belt and parade it around daring you to take it back from us. Fortunately, this is distributed computing! ;) :p

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Thanks petrusbroder for setting this all up, and look forward to doing it again in the fall.

Congratulations to TennesseeTony. Now if this were pro wrestling, 4 or 5 of us would be recruited by biodoc, and join him in ambushing you while you were celebrating your win. We would then surround you and take turns beating you into unconsciousness with your newly won belt. Then we would take your belt and parade it around daring you to take it back from us. Fortunately, this is distributed computing! ;) :p

That is so funny I hurt myself!

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Now if this were pro wrestling, 4 or 5 of us would be recruited by biodoc, and join him in ambushing you while you were celebrating your win. We would then surround you and take turns beating you into unconsciousness with your newly won belt.

Funny stuff! :D Reminds me though, of my last day on board my last ship, while serving in the Navy... The engine room crew decided to dogpile me as a goodbye present. Unsure of how such an event might end, "flight" overtook "fight" and I burst out of the pile of 5 men like Keanu Reeves burst out of that pile of Agent Smith's in The Matrix and headed up the ladder/stairs as quick as I could.

Only upon reaching the top of the platform did I realize I was holding someone's feet upon my shoulders, toes pointed up. I was completely surprised by this, and I feel badly to this day, but still ruled by the "flight" mechanism I thoughtlessly released said feet, and immediately heard bump bump bump bump repeatedly as he slid head first down the ladder.

So, yeah, go ahead, make my day. :p

(He was fine, and repaid me some days later, whether intentional or not, but he wandering into the out-processing barracks, drunk as can be, and, uhm, thought himself to be in the bathroom...right beside my bottom bunk as I slept. Nothing like awakening to the splatter of 'water' in your face.) :mad:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004

:D LoL! :thumbsup:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I have decided to host a similar race in October/November 2015. I have not yet considered what rules there will be, and if any price [edit: prize] ...

I assume it will be tied to how we are performing in the Formula BOINC, but I have a thought on the matter: Perhaps each event could be only 6 days long instead of 13 days.

Reasons:

• There would be more variety/projects.
  • Those who have their hearts set on reaching a particular milestone on a project will have one day per week instead of one day every two weeks to continue to pursue that milestone, which might perhaps get a bit more participation.
  • And, to be honest, the biggest reason for me is
    that I get bored easy.
    :)