A new laptop for 450-600 USD

kanishknishar

Sep 13, 2019
I need to buy a new laptop for a friend of my father whose workload is primarily going to be using Tally ERP and browsing the internet. It's not a heavy workload but the laptop should last for 5-7 years at least and hence I am keeping the budget higher.

At the bare minimum I think for the laptop to last it should have a quad or hexacore processor and 16GB RAM would be nice but 8 seems to be the default. Also 1920*1080 at the bare minimum. SSD of 256 GB or greater.

Some other requirements to narrow things down:
1. Don't care about speaker placement
2. Battery life isn't that important
3. A larger screen size is preferred
4. A longer warranty is always appreciated.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Plz tell me gaming laptop under 500 USD
Not going to happen in NEW condition.

However if you want pure hardware performance at the lowest cost look for Clevo based systems. They're sold in different names depending on the region.

Sager xpg and so on are using the same hardware. If you search by the model number you'll find the relabeled brands. A couple of years ago I picked up a 9750h / gtx1650 off eBay for $700 shipped when everywhere else was selling it for $1100. The model number on the listing was incorrect compared to the label on the photos which made it not pop on search results but would under the CPU model search.

If you have specific specs in mind then hunting by those will be easier than just a recommendation.

Jul 27, 2020
Don't try to save money. Buy the one with the highest specs you can within your budget.

Some really good MSI/Acer gaming laptops are on sale for $600 or less coz they have 11th or 10th gen CPUs. Since they are H series CPUs, their performance is wayyy more than a typical U series CPU. If you can find a Ryzen 5600H laptop, forget all the rest and just get that.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
@igor_kavinski @JTsyo

Thread should probably be locked since it's "solved"