A new desk for me....

honkydory

May 22, 2007
Well im in the market for a new desk, the one i have is worn down by use and its starting to fall apart. I have been looking at glass desks and im thinking i like the way they look and such but im worried i will break it. is it really something to be concerned about?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
what are you doing that would break it?

i don't think i'd ever buy glass anyway, if you need to move it or move to another house/apt. you have to worry about it breaking, plus it would probably be heavier than hell.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
I'd never trust a material notorious for breaking to be load bearing.

I guess it all depends on what is going to be ON the desk. A CRT or large computer should be a certain NO, whereas a laptop is probably perfectly fine.

Kinda stupid to have to worry if you are going to break a desk every time you are at it, huh?

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Buy lots of Windex while you're at it. Your bodily fluids will show quite clearly on glass.

honkydory

May 22, 2007
well now that i think about it, it wouldnt really work out. I just remembered what happened to my keyboard tray one night after having the worst series of events in CS. lets just say twisted steel and lots of parts of particle board. guess its another wooden wonder =(.