A (Marvel) Blade game is coming, you know... The vampire hunter who is a vampire with a lot of selfcontrol, himself :

May 11, 2008
"DECEMBER 7, 2023
Marvel’s Blade is a mature, single-player, third-person game set in the heart of Paris, now in development by Arkane Lyon.
"

A video to lure and make eager...

I am very tired, so forgive my odd sounding English.
Having trouble with the unfriendly neighbourhood again and i also probably picked up SARS-CoV2 around 4 weeks ago, coughing and wheezing my head off : Resulting in a severe lack of sleep. Sleep i so desperately need but which i am not allowed to, i am afraid.

I do wonder, what kind of engine will be used or is used ? Seems like the latest idtech engine but i am not sure, purely guessing here.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I feel you. I had the same thoughts when i heard the voice...

But it is what it is... It can still be a great game though.:)
With Arkane & Disney I am not holding out any hope for this one, Redfall (Arkane Austin but still) sets them a very low bar.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Sounds like they are JUST starting development, so not too interested in it yet. Probably 3 or 4 years away.

May 11, 2008
Is this going to be like Vampire the Masquerade style game?
I sure hope not. The graphic style of the blade teaser video reminds of the same graphic style of Wolfenstein II : The new colossus. Which is very nice indeed.
Hoping for something that is even better.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I figure this will be a more traditional 3rd person brawler style game, thinking something like the Batman Arkham games or Spiderman or something, but with a thick coat of blood all over everything.

Pretty far outside the standard Arkane wheelhouse, but they have been trying to branch out from their standard Shock-like formula for a while (without much success unfortunately).

If Arkane can bring their superb level design to the game then it might have a little bit of that X-factor that helps it stand out from th crowd.

May 11, 2008
I figure this will be a more traditional 3rd person brawler style game, thinking something like the Batman Arkham games or Spiderman or something, but with a thick coat of blood all over everything.

Pretty far outside the standard Arkane wheelhouse, but they have been trying to branch out from their standard Shock-like formula for a while (without much success unfortunately).

If Arkane can bring their superb level design to the game then it might have a little bit of that X-factor that helps it stand out from th crowd.
Now that i look at it again. I misread the text a bit. Still not functioning optimal. I thought it was a single player first person game. Can still be great though. Just thinking about : Legacy of Kain and Soul reaver. Fun games.

Reactions: Pohemi