A little help on incorporating a company in u.s.? Accountants?

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I'm in Florida right now, but I don't think it would make a difference. My cousin in U.K. has some comapnies and is looking to incoporate a company here, but gots some questions. Can anyone here help?

If he was to incorporate a company how will this help him from travelling back and forth to the US i.e VISA's? After incorporating a company how long does he have to start trading in the US for the company to stay valid? With having numerous companies in the UK will this help? What info will he need for incoporating a company?

I guess i should prob get in touch w/ an accoutant..........

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Cotact the SBA (Small Business Administration)

They will be able to give the accurate info on most of your questions and/or advise you on where to get the rest of the information.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Hey, thanks a lot! That's what I was looking for. Also, any more info on requirements for incorporating the company itself into the U.S. or just a new company in the U.S.?

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Techie333
Hey, thanks a lot! That's what I was looking for. Also, any more info on requirements for incorporating the company itself into the U.S. or just a new company in the U.S.?

Specific requirements for incorporation vary from state to state. The "home" state in which the actual business resides, need not necessarily be the state of incorporation. If you are not already familiar with these specific requirements, it is strongly recommended that your friend retain the services of an Attorney specializing in business incorporation.

Here are a few more links:

Foreigners Starting a Business.

Incorporating in the State of Delaware.

Selecting a State of Incorporation.

Where to Incorporate.

FAQ about Incorporating.