A little coding help (I think)????

Nov 17, 2019
Not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but here goes ...

A local Credit Union offers what they call a secure download link for logging in. As far as I can tell, it should be used as a bookmark or bookmarklet.

No matter what I've done so far, it only displays the source code, never the website or anything looking like a log in page. Their Tech Support isn't the greatest for asking these things.

I've edited out all of the personal and site information (Bold Red), but if anybody can tell me if it looks like it should work, great. Or is it just wrong somehow? Or am I wrong in how it should be used?

<html lang="">
<head>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>SiteName Online Banking</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://
siteurl.com/servlet/Teller?requestType=vhtml&request=1&action=h&requestType=vhtml&skinId=c&memberNumber=999999&defaultLanguage=en"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var MyKey = "
[redacted]";
</script>

<body onload="getRNum()">
<form action="https://
siteurl.com/servlet/Teller?requestType=vhtml&request=1&action=c&requestType=vhtml&skinId=c&memberNumber=999999&defaultLanguage=en" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="h" id="h" value="" size="50" />
<input type="hidden" name="sessid" id="sessid" value="" size="50" />
</form>
</body>

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Github and other side of internet may help answering your Q.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Have you tried a different browser/different device? Are you blocking any scripts/cookies? Can't really tell exactly what's supposed to be going on based on the HTML you've provided. It's calling a function when the form loads that presumably should be doing things.

Nov 17, 2019
Different browser (Vivaldi) displays the same as above ... source code only.

As far as I can tell, it should be pulling up a login page with the member number and security key (var MyKey) pre-populated so all I have to enter is the PW.

But in the browser address window, I see the file name, not a web URL. ('Site' is the bank name in the actual link, but is not their URL)

file:///E:/Downloads/Site/Site%20Login.html

I'm thinking I should alter that somehow, but I'm not sure to what.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Uh, yeah, it sounds like it's just opening up the .html file to show the contents. Off-hand I think probably you've done something wrong.

Reactions: Captante

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Here you go. This won't help, but it will make you feel like a hacker.

• Haha

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It sounds like the server is presenting the wrong mime type. Even if the HTML itself is invalid, unless it was VERY invalid, it would at least parse the tags that are valid. It is missing the head close tag as well as the html close tags so maybe that is the problem but I can't see why it would just display all the html.

What happens if you put that in a local html file and then try to open it? Ex: with the valid url?

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
It sounds like the server is presenting the wrong mime type. Even if the HTML itself is invalid, unless it was VERY invalid, it would at least parse the tags that are valid. It is missing the head close tag as well as the html close tags so maybe that is the problem but I can't see why it would just display all the html.

What happens if you put that in a local html file and then try to open it? Ex: with the valid url?
I doubt it. If it's a server side issue, there would be a lot more people complaining than just Lost_in_the_HTTP.