A last minute plea to Republicans to redeem themseles...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Call your Republican leaders and tell them to stop trying to suppress the vote. It only makes Republicans worthless filthy scum and dishonest traitors to what it means to be American. Hurry and do it now or you will be part of the slime that tries to win by being a piece of shit. It will be good for your soul and alleviate a lot of guilt. Do this for yourselves because it's way past time when the damage will already have been done. Don't be a piece of shit member of a filthy disgusting party. Call and tell them they should be tried for treason.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Please, support your local poll watchers.

We do not need non-citizens voting.

We do not need the made up voting.

We do not need the dead voting.

We do not need people voting more than once.

We do not need more votes counted than people voting.

We do not need "extra" votes found in trucks of cars.

That we DO NEED is every American citizen that is eligible to vote, that wants to vote, votes. Then we need every vote counted that was actually cast and no more.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I called and they said "WTF! are you brain damaged or on drugs or something?"

I told them that some guy called moonpie or something was claiming they were a filthy disgusting party and they said "We don't got time for this shit, don't forget to vote" and hung up on me.

Sorry Moonie, but I never got as far as telling them they should be tried for treason.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I called and they said "WTF! are you brain damaged or on drugs or something?"

I told them that some guy called moonpie or something was claiming they were a filthy disgusting party and they said "We don't got time for this shit, don't forget to vote" and hung up on me.

Sorry Moonie, but I never got as far as telling them they should be tried for treason.

The Republican party wouldn't be filthy and disgusting if most of it's members weren't. My plea was for folk who don't like being traitors.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
that's right, bring out your bats and stay a suitable distance away from the polling area and stare menacingly at any non whites trying to vote. Don't forget to shout something about Jesus once in a while and burn some crosses on lawns.

If there are no lawns, you can burn the cross on the nearest non american made car.

... sorry, just saw Argo. Great movie by the way.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Call your Republican leaders and tell them to stop trying to suppress the vote. It only makes Republicans worthless filthy scum and dishonest traitors to what it means to be American. Hurry and do it now or you will be part of the slime that tries to win by being a piece of shit. It will be good for your soul and alleviate a lot of guilt. Do this for yourselves because it's way past time when the damage will already have been done. Don't be a piece of shit member of a filthy disgusting party. Call and tell them they should be tried for treason.

That will happen, the same day Democrats stop trying to breed voters.

anchor-baby-e1294320821382.jpeg

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Get the Democrats to enforce the laws of the land and we can talk.

Why do ballots need to be multi lingual?

People that are born as a US citizen learn English as part of growing up over 18 years.

People that are naturalized citizens are supposed to take a proficiency exam administered by the government before having citizenship granted.

So why the need for multiple languages?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The majority would be Republicans if the GOP wasn't the party of white supremacists.

I love how angry libtards can never stay on topic.

What you said, is COMPLETELY FUCKING POINTLESS! But good job trying, its that kind of effort that led to..... ummmm.... all those great accomplishments.

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Evil, traitorous Republicans! Why don't we throw them all in prison and let Democrats run the country.

Liberals would do the same damned (alleged) things if they thought it'd give them an edge.

Partisan hacks suck.

<---Independent waiting for a very strong third party candidate to save America from Democrats AND Republicans.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007

People that are born as a US citizen learn English as part of growing up over 18 years.

People that are naturalized citizens are supposed to take a proficiency exam administered by the government before having citizenship granted.

They might be proficient in english, but maybe not as fluent as they should be for complex issues as might be presented on a ballot. I have no issues wanting to have a better understanding of what they're voting on.

The language discrimination in this country is one of the more asinine arguments I've heard. Just about every other country on earth has no problem dealing with multiple languages.

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
They might be proficient in english, but maybe not as fluent as they should be for complex issues as might be presented on a ballot. I have no issues wanting to have a better understanding of what they're voting on.

The language discrimination in this country is one of the more asinine arguments I've heard. Just about every other country on earth has no problem dealing with multiple languages.

And to add to that, USA has never specified an official language. That and Native American languages were the first to be spoken here.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003

How so? English is not the official language of the US. Many citizens speak Spanish, German, French, etc. They most certainly are following the law here, which in many localities specifies that multiple languages must be used on ballots. I do think that the government should be providing English-language classes for free to all citizens as a matter of economic imperative though.

Please, support your local poll watchers.

We do not need non-citizens voting.

We do not need the made up voting.

We do not need the dead voting.

We do not need people voting more than once.

We do not need more votes counted than people voting.

We do not need "extra" votes found in trucks of cars.

That we DO NEED is every American citizen that is eligible to vote, that wants to vote, votes. Then we need every vote counted that was actually cast and no more.

Thats fine, but as stated in another thread it is not okay to have certain areas set up to have <15min necessary to vote whereas others take >8hours. Voter disenfranchisement is a much worse problem than voter fraud - especially the in person kind. There is no statistical evidence that such fraud has influenced any election in a meaningful way in the past few decades.

Good idea, but somehow I don't think that they would be too receptive to the idea. Closed minds, closed hearts, etc.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
The majority would be Republicans if the GOP wasn't the party of white supremacists.

Social conservatives and likely catholics to boot. Hispanics are a potential goldmine for the GOP. However, this image bars reposting:
simsons-fox-news-racists.jpg

Replace "Fox News" with GOP and you have....well, who am I kidding, they are interchangeable anyways.

Now, if Democrats/Progresives could only remember that states south of the Mason-Dixon line other than Florida matter. I recently came across an article that states what I have been saying for years as a Southerner. Progressives should not be giving up on the South. We need you. Linky.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Why is that, because native Americans shouldn't be allowed to vote along with other natives that have been in this country before it was a country?

This is why I love liberals.
"Been in this country before it was a country"

You actually think like that.
I FUCKING LOVE IT!

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I think the Republicans are tampering with the traffic lights around here to make it take longer to get to the voting locations.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Social conservatives and likely catholics to boot. Hispanics are a potential goldmine for the GOP.

Exactly. Ignorant minorities are just as mindlessly superstitious as rednecks, and in the same direction. If it wasn't for white entitlement causing Republicans to keep trying to disenfranchise minorities and thus leaving minorities no choice but to vote for the intellectual elite who will represent them, we liberals would be fucked. If the underclass all banded together in an orgy of delusion, we few intellectuals would not be able to make our voices heard above the din of stupidity.

Now, if Democrats/Progresives could only remember that states south of the Mason-Dixon line other than Florida matter. I recently came across an article that states what I have been saying for years as a Southerner. Progressives should not be giving up on the South. We need you.

The problem is that we of the liberal elite want intellectual equals. If someone can't judge facts they can't be trusted not to veer off into fundie-land. If a person can deny evolution and climate change because of simplistic, convenient narratives, nothing is safe, so how do you engage someone like that?
We do not want to have to peddle Truth like snake oil just because some people want to be really lazy about their method of discrimination.

When the South is ready to join the rational, thinking world, we'll be here.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

That is their fault; They will have anywhere from 3-10 years to become fluent enough. Some can barely communicate at all in English.

I have no problem with multiple languages in the country; I have a problem with cowtowing to special interest groups because their clients refuse to learn enough to conform with the law and the enforcers allowing such because of political pressure.

Give the a residence card under the laws is fine.

You want the citizenship and privilege of voting; learn the language that is required for citizenship enough to be able to exercise the vote.