a High Definition T.V. question

Toothpick

May 9, 2000
Hey All
This is now my third football season with my Mitsubishi 48" wide-screen HD T.V., I do not have a HD-Decoder box so I am just using the standard Direct-T.V. input.

Here is my complaint. Watching T.V. while not using a decoder-box is pretty bad BUT especially watching an outdoor football day game, its frigg'n terrible :(

So does anyone have a suggestion that I can do to make my T.V. look better while watcing a outdoor football day game, I love football but it hurts to watch it on my wide screen T.V.

Perhpas there is some type of input filter that I can use or maybe I am just grasping at straws and hoping like heck that there is a way without having to buy a HD-Decoder box...please help

TIA..................TP

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Also - if you want to get both OTA and HDTV from Direct TV over your satellite, you can skimp and buy the $400 Huges decoder from best buy. Right now, if you buy online, you can save $50 on it bringing it down to $350.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
your TV is made for HD. feed it HD.

That and setup your color/tint/contrast/brightness/sharpness properly with a calibration disk like video essentials or avia.

turn off SVM, sharpness should be about middle on your model.

Some football is very poorly broadcast. How are you receiving your video? OTA, cable, satellite?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999