Question A good quality 4k gaming monitor for a friend

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
I'm doing a build for a friend and here is the list:

This was some time ago. He already got the parts so he can't get the latest Intel CPUs. He postponed getting the monitor and the video card because of video cards pricing. He now wants to pull the trigger. He wants the rig for his kids games and home/personal use. They are still young so no heavy gaming but he wants some quality parts that will last > 5 years. I know the new generation video cards are coming but he is thinking to get the previous generation to get a better price. I'm thinking an RTX 3080 10GB will suffice for him. He wants to pair that with a 4k monitor. I thought about the Gigabyte M32U,

which is expensive but it is a good monitor for everything. What do you think? I don't have a 4k monitor so I don't know how that tastes. He will try to buy the video card and the monitor from the US. Will try to be close to microcenter if that will help. He is traveling there soon. If there are some good hidden deals somewhere let me know.

Reactions: williamsheikspare

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
If you haven’t bought anything yet, I’d seriously look at MSI. I started using their gaming monitors several years ago, and they have been absolutely amazing.

Yes we all know MSI, but when it comes to their monitors, you don’t hear a lot of talk over them, and remember, all companies have their ups and downs, and I’ve played around with a lot of big names in monitors out there to tell you, MSI makes some really nice ones.

P.S. The way I see MSI in the Monitor Market, they give some really nice specs at lower prices compared to other brands.