A Good Day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BassBomb, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

2. Gerle

Gerle Senior member

Nice ride, good pics! I like more profile on my tires, I'm old and I don't like a bumpy commute on these shitty Texas roads.

3. phucheneh

phucheneh Diamond Member

I dig those wheels, but not really that color on that car. Between the lowering and the dark wheels, you kind of see the 'slammed ricer on steelies' image at first glance.

...no offense or anything. The car is nice; looks tasteful. I just would've gone with a little brighter wheels, and maybe lifr it up a little (front seems especially low).

What kind of handling mods does it have? Aside from obvious lower ride height (and assumably stiffer spring rates).

4. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

Quite often it feels smooth as butter, other times I feel like a filling is gonna pop out. We have good and really bad roads here as we get salt in our mouths.

I am accustomed to getting the "ricer" vibe from Ananadtech, yet the complete opposite on any given car forum ;). I appreciate your advice as well. Everyone has ways to make the car suit themselves.

As for the wheels, they're powdercoated that way when I bought them. Considering the price I paid (probably 1/3 the value) and being 15lbs I didn't mind. I find the color is too close to the car color to get any nice contrast. Either go darker or brighter. A bright silver or gun-metal would look very good. They certainly don't look that dark in normal lighting.

Suspension mods:
    Eibach Sportline springs
    Koni Yellow shocks
    20mm Acura TL-S rear sway bar (Stock 15mm, direct OEM swap)
    24mm Acura TL-S front sway bar (Stock is 24mm hollow this is solid, direct OEM swap)
    Neuspeed strut tower bar

Car handles like a dream, its just slow, its a Honda. I love every bit of this car just as I did the first day I bought it. Suspension and the tires make all the difference in the world.

I personally want to actually go even just tiny bit lower. I'd certainly have to get rid of my mudflaps though.

5. BUTCH1

BUTCH1 Lifer

OP, I'm not trying to be mean or thread crap but those rim's, I just don't like 'em on that color car. Overall the car looks to be in fine shape and will probably serve you well for many more years..

6. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

Thanks Butch. I too am not happy with the color of the wheels, as mentioned above matches the car too much.

7. phucheneh

phucheneh Diamond Member

Wasn't really trying to knock the car. I just see a lot of well-done imports that sit low on dark wheels, with an otherwise pretty stock appearance.

There just happen to also be a lot of (generally) POS imports that sit low on dark...steelies. Suspensions are el-cheapos and they bottom out a lot. Attempt at 'sleeper' look often ruined by fart can. Ect.

You are not the latter. It's just that when I see the former, it often takes a double-take to notice it's not the more-common 'help my springs collapsed and my wheel covers fell off' sylings of the latter.

If you dig it, that's cool. I can dig it.

In a way, it's a non-sleeper sleeper. Like taking a Civic with a giant wing, racing stripes, and Motegi wheels and actually making it fast and/or handle. My super-ricer would be more hilarious, but your car gets to not look retarded.

I think I just dig the hole deeper in these situations...

8. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

I totally get you. Its more easy to spot a the average joe with springs or cheap aftermarket wheels than an OEM modded car.

It'd be awesome if my car was a true sleeper with something real under the hood!

Thanks again for the insights and comments, all feedback is always appreciated

9. ThatsABigOne

ThatsABigOne Diamond Member

Very nice, 'clean' ride! I like how the car overall looks, even with mudflaps. And those wheels are one of my favorite designs!

Weren't you the owner of a honda that had a mustache looking plastic deflector?

10. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

Same car. Deflector gone, new grille

11. AMCRambler

AMCRambler Diamond Member

Looks good and makes you happy then FTW. Nice clean Honda there, I can tell that car is well taken care of. Also +1 for no fart can.

12. halik

halik Lifer

Need 4-5mm spacers in the back :)

Don't let anyone give you shit about 15lb OZ wheels

#12 halik, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  13. nitrous9200

nitrous9200 Senior member

That's my favorite generation Accord...maybe not saying too much but certainly much nicer than the rest IMO. Yours is tastefully done and looks great, so :thumbsup:

14. xSkyDrAx

xSkyDrAx Diamond Member

Is that an 07? I believe my gf has the same car in silver though yours is much cleaner. There's a couple of wear marks on it accrued over the years.

15. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

I'd want to do 10mm, but it needs a roll even at its current size. They're Volk Racing not OZ though.

2007, but made and used in 2006. Tons of highway KM so it has got a lot of use out and with that comes chips on the front :'(

:thumbsup: Thank you folks

16. Raduque

Raduque Lifer

She looks good. I miss my little 1988 Honda Gokart, I mean, Accord Coupe.

As for the wheels, they look nice, but having a small chrome trim ring or similar would really set them off from the car.

17. Black2na

Black2na Senior member

i like your car i wouldn't really consider it "ricer" and you have what a 45 series tire on the wheels? yeah your gonna feel some bumps but it certainly is a great middle ground! least your tires are not stretched to all heck making driving the car miserable. those are my favorite year accords 03-07 i wouldnt mind having an 07 V6 EX-L Black with a tan leather...mmmm

18. BassBomb

BassBomb Diamond Member

Oh yeah they are bubbled, opposite of stretch. I can't stand stretched tires and camber to fit stretched tires. Widest tire you can fit and square looking tire is my favorite.
    They're 225/40 but I previously had 225/45. I think 215/45 will be the sweet spot

19. CraigRT

CraigRT Lifer

You have one of my favorite generations of Accords, I love the 06-07 tail lights.
    Car looks good, dude.