A ghost in the stands at a soccer match??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
If you were an apparition why would you need legs or to use legs for walking or running?

A related question: why can you go through matter in one dimension, but you don't go through matter in another dimension. That is, it can move forward through people and other objects, but the ground/flooring has magical ghost-proof properties that prevents the ghost from going in that direction and also allows the ghost to use friction between its feet and the ground to propel itself forward.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
A gnat flies in front of the camera lens .. GHOST !!

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
If you were an apparition why would you need legs or to use legs for walking or running?

Maybe it is like phantom limbs for those that lost an arm or leg. Once you are a ghost you still feel like your legs are there, so you use them.

Personally, I think it was a really adept Ninja.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
It's the Smoke Monster

smoke___mortal_kombat_by_marceloryuuku-d3guavn.jpg

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Yeah, sources of light are rare in a stadium. Maybe that's the real mystery? Where, in that outdoor stadium, could the light have come from? Mind blown.

Are you really this dense? The question is where could a light that would project a shadow like that come from? The stadium lights that light up the field won't project a shadow of someone from across the stadium...and for it reach across the field, it would need be a bright ass light near audience level that surely someone would have noticed...

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Fake. Link claims it is a ghost at a football match. That's clearly a soccer game. All credibility is lost.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Are you really this dense? The question is where could a light that would project a shadow like that come from? The stadium lights that light up the field won't project a shadow of someone from across the stadium...and for it reach across the field, it would need be a bright ass light near audience level that surely someone would have noticed...

Agreed. It couldn't have been daytime, and it couldn't have been afternoon with a low sun, and it definitely couldn't have been someone running along the top of the stadium on the opposite side, and there is no way in hell there was any other light that could have caused that shadow, otherwise _somebody_ in that crowd of soccer fans would have noticed it (because lights stand out at a stadium, and people notice them). It was obviously a ghost. I'm not sure why the ghost was leaning away from the camera, the way a shadow would be if it were projected down on bleacher seats from high on the opposite side, but that's nothing to quibble about. Probably something in it's past related to the reason why it has been unable to find peace.

ThatsABigOne

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Commentators speaking a monkey language.

It is just a ghost. They are supposed to be scary.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Why is it Hispanics always seem to be obsessed with the ghost thing.

And I'm not being racist, just even when I was in the Marines long ago I was even room mates with a few and worked with others that seemed almost obsessed with that kind of thing.

Whether they were Puerto Rican, Spanish, Mexican, Brazilian, Portugese, it seemed almost a cultural thing.

Catholic's, I doubt it as my wife is a mostly Italian lapsed Catholic, but it did just come to mind on seeing this.

Last edited: