A gay man's mass email to his family demanding they stop voting for Republicans went viral. His dad said it helped change his mind.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I just started at the top of the linked list of legislation. Here is a charming one from AK:

"[PROVIDING FOR PARENT NOTIFICATION NOT LESS THAN TWO 3 WEEKS] before any activity, class, or program that includes content involving gender 4 identity, human reproduction, or sexual matters is provided to a child, the child's 5 parent 6 (A) receive notification not less than two weeks before the 7 activity, class, or program; 8 (B) provide written permission for the child to participate 9 in the activity, class, or program;"

Bolded and underlined, make no mistake about the motivation for this bill. No bolding or underlining about human reproduction or sexual matters. Let's be clear about our target.
If I were a parent I would be pissed about having to opt in to all this basic stuff that I want my child to learn about.

Reactions: Pohemi

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Why would it affect gay's more than everyone else? To the best of my knowledge public adult cabarets aren't a big part of the gay lifestyle.

This stuff was triggered by people taking children to tranny story time or drag shows. They went off the deep end to prove a point that didn't need to be made, and now appear to be offended that the parents don't approve.
Crazy idea, leave children out of your sexuality or fantasy's. Fuck with peoples kids and they're going to go full blown militant. That anyone is surprised by that is mind boggling.

You have ZERO evidence of that.
Absolutely none.
Not a shred of evidence.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Why would it affect gay's more than everyone else? To the best of my knowledge public adult cabarets aren't a big part of the gay lifestyle.

This stuff was triggered by people taking children to tranny story time or drag shows. They went off the deep end to prove a point that didn't need to be made, and now appear to be offended that the parents don't approve.
Crazy idea, leave children out of your sexuality or fantasy's. Fuck with peoples kids and they're going to go full blown militant. That anyone is surprised by that is mind boggling.
Conservatives don't give a shit about kids safety. If they did, they would be worried less about drag shows and teaching black history and worry more about kids being shot in school.

These same people would be cool with their kids attending a Klan meeting.

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I mean even the undercover people in Florida going to drag shows admitted there was nothing overtly obscene or sexual at the shows they saw, the whole grooming thing is just BS right wing news constantly repeats and gullible people like Greenman swallow it up. It's especially funny amongst the obsession with parents' rights, apparently that doesn't apply to some parents.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The same people who grew up with...

Milton Berle
Flip Wilson
Tony Curtis
Liberace
Dustin Hoffman
Tom Hanks
Robin Williams
Wesley Snipes (well maybe not him)
Patrick Swayze
Jamie Farr
Jack Lemon
John Travolta

And had no problem with any of them now want to bitch about men dressed in drag? That doesn't strike anyone as just hate disguised as a culture war?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yet another thread Greenman has proved to be the uninformed dbag that most of us here recognize is the best he can be.

In his world it must be 7 year olds taking themselves to a drag queen story hour when literally it's just normal parents who aren't bigoted shithead conservatives taking them there. But like most conservative hypocrites, he just wants to have big government tell people how to live how his old fart intellectually dishonest brain thinks.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I didn't read every bill, but in a random sampling I didn't see anything that struck me as anti LGBTQ.
Yet another thread Greenman has proved to be the uninformed dbag that most of us here recognize is the best he can be.
Douchebag? Certainly. I still don't buy that he's simply uninformed.

He disingenuously misrepresents nearly every circumstance in an effort to support his opinion, shitty as it is.

It's his signature legendary feigned ignorance.
"I didn't read every bill, BUT...." (translation: he didn't read any of them, but he'll still have a strong opinion on it.) He can go fuck himself with his thoughts on this subject, as with so many others.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

He disingenuously misrepresents nearly every circumstance in an effort to support his opinion, shitty as it is.

It's his signature legendary feigned ignorance. "I didn't read....BUT...." He can go fuck himself with his thoughts on this subject.

the worst part is that conservatives in our country would consider him moderate, when in fact he’s just a willful liar

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Milton Berle
Flip Wilson
Tony Curtis
Liberace
Dustin Hoffman
Tom Hanks
Robin Williams
Patrick Swayze
Jamie Farr
Jack Lemon
John Travolta

And had no problem with any of them now want to bitch about men dressed in drag? That doesn't strike anyone as just hate disguised as a culture war?
And I'm sure they made sure they tuned in to Hollywood Squares, to get a laugh out of Paul. He didn't dress funny though.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Milton Berle
Flip Wilson
Tony Curtis
Liberace
Dustin Hoffman
Tom Hanks
Robin Williams
Patrick Swayze
Jamie Farr
Jack Lemon
John Travolta

Keep your skirt on .... and stop generalizing.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Adult Cabarets

Would could be construed as anti-gay. But its a blanket bill so it will affect anyone who wants to put on a cabaret show. Obviously this will affect gays more than others, which is clearly its intention but republicans are smart enough to not say its specifically about gays.

You probably dont remember this, but back in the late 70s, it was the gay bath houses that help contribute to the widespread spread of AIDS. As a result almost all of them were shut down by municipalities.

So long as Adult Cabarets are monitored, regulated and regularly visited by law enforcement to deter public sexual activity, I dont see why they cannot operate. That would include the internal placement of police surveillance cameras.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

It's his signature legendary feigned ignorance.
"I didn't read every bill, BUT...." (translation: he didn't read any of them, but he'll still have a strong opinion on it.) He can go fuck himself with his thoughts on this subject, as with so many others.

You are exactly right. I know I've called him a willfully ignorant jackwagon before but I left out the willfully this time, my mistake.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You probably dont remember this, but back in the late 70s, it was the gay bath houses that help contribute to the widespread spread of AIDS. As a result almost all of them were shut down by municipalities.

So long as Adult Cabarets are monitored, regulated and regularly visited by law enforcement to deter public sexual activity, I dont see why they cannot operate. That would include the internal placement of police surveillance cameras.

You are the worst. It should be no business of the state what consenting adults do in private establishments, gay or not. You fucking people are surveillance state morality fascists. It's disgusting.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

We obviously need to monitor you 24/7 since you are a traitor to America and a threat to your fellow Americans.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

LOL, as if they cared about whether gay people got AIDS. "We're shutting down these bathhouses for your own protection, because we care about your health". FOH. Your memory ain't so great either, the first reported case of AIDS was in 1981.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
LOL, as if they cared about whether gay people got AIDS. "We're shutting down these bathhouses for your own protection, because we care about your health". FOH. Your memory ain't so great either, the first reported case of AIDS was in 1981.

Look his basic facts are wrong and his proposals are fascistic but at least his heart is in the wrong place.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

I was gonna say something if no one else did.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Look his basic facts are wrong and his proposals are fascistic but at least his heart is in the wrong place.

There is no redeeming Felix or tens of millions of GQP like him. The more we waste time trying to is less time we are recognizing the enemy and realizing what we are facing, and plan accordingly.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

What contributed to the spread of AIDS was ignorance about the disease and the unwillingness of the Regan administration to take action. Reagan even admitted that after the fact.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What contributed to the spread of AIDS was ignorance about the disease and the unwillingness of the Regan administration to take action. Reagan even admitted that after the fact.

So you dont think promiscuous sex with random men in gay bath houses contributed at all to the spread of AIDS? And what was Reagan supposed to do? Shut down the sites where mass promiscuity took place? That was up to state and local governments and they were very effective at it. :)

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Promiscuity leads to the transmission of sexually transmissible diseases between men and women, etc. So yes, we must ensure communities remain free and safe from such places of ill repute. That includes brothels.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Felix is as ignorant about sex as he is about the debt.

He's not ignorant, he's a piece of shit human. Consensual adult sex is not a brothel. Pretty much anything he writes is just disgusting.

No hope for people like him. Multiply him by about 50 million Republicans, and you have the basic subset of irredeemable scumbags we live with in this country.