A game like...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by EDUSAN, Jan 22, 2013.

1. EDUSAN

EDUSAN Golden Member

Lately i have been feeling like playing a space strategy game.

I tried Sword of the Stars 2, but its damn complicated, its TOO simulator to me.

I remember playing 15 years ago a small little game that i fell in love with.

This game was Reunion
    It was a sim game, but it was not TOO hardcore, and it included some other stuff that i remember being really cool

You had your planet in which you built structures for education/recreation/industry
    You had your ship with a commander for each aspect. You could hire better ones later on.
    You had to travel to different planets, look for what minerals you could extract from them and sometimes you would find alien species that needed something in exchange for something, so it would unlock new ships/technology for you
    The game also had some kind of space battles that you couldnt control (except for having a bigger army than the opponent at the beginning) and if you lose the space battle you had to have a ground defense.

Anyone knows a game more or less like this one? with strategy and simulation but that doesnt need me to be reading my next move for 2hs in a sea of variables that i need to take care of

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - game Forum Date
    The Pawn online (old Amiga game) PC Gaming Yesterday at 3:37 PM
    Get Starpoint Gemini 2 for free from Steam until May 24th at 10AM PT. PC Gaming May 22, 2017
    Gaming Laptop PC Gaming May 22, 2017
    Need some help getting games to play in full screen ? PC Gaming May 13, 2017
    games are the last form of entertainment PC Gaming May 11, 2017

3. Sho'Nuff

Sho'Nuff Diamond Member

Endless space? http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/

Its similar to civilization in that it has the player establishing new colonies (towns), researching improvements, trading/warring with other factions, but it takes place in pace and has a fairly cool combat mechanic. Plus you can design/outfit your own ships, hire commanders for fleets and planets, etc.

Fairly steep learning curve, but pretty fun if you are into civilization scale strategy games.

4. Martimus

Martimus Diamond Member

Endless Space mentioned above is the newest Space 4X game. I don't like the unintuitive gameplay, but once you get a hang of it, it is pretty fun and addicting.

Galactic Civilization 2 is my favorite Space 4X game although it is a few years old.

5. Annisman*

Annisman* Golden Member

Sins of a solar empire rebellion + Maelstrom mod

/thread

^^

6. EDUSAN

EDUSAN Golden Member

thanks, im gonna check that sins of a solar empire

7. Annisman*

Annisman* Golden Member

Awesome, you won't be dissapointed. You may feel overwhelmed, there is alot to learn but it is so worth it.