A few tips needed on seting up mt GTS.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I just bought me a Geforce 2 GTS 32mg from Untamo and it arrived yesterday. I also bought a 700E that does 933 from Compuwiz1 and also picked up some mushkin PC133 rev1.5. The problem is I'm not to sure how to get all the right drivers for the GTS card. Do I load the Detonator drivers from the Nvidia site? Will I also need to remove the drivers for my old TNT2 card? What am I looking for?

I'm not to sure about all this and before I screw this up big time I thought I would ask for some help. :)

Thanks.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
Thanks Technonut. so what am I looking for when I uninstall my TNT drivers, does it just say diamong ultra drivers or somrthing?

3615buck

Banned
Sep 22, 2000
No,
Right-click on your desktop, choose properties > Settings > Advanced.
You should change the card type to PCI VGA and reboot.
Then install the new drivers.

6.27 is out and I don't have the problkems I had with 6.26

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
Just change my card type? They are both AGP. I'm not trying to be a pain, really. :)

Technonut

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2000
I personally think it is better to totally remove the old drivers. In the Add/Remove programs, mine showed up as Nvidia Windows 95/98 Display Drivers. I uninstalled that way, and before I rebooted, changed the display adapter to standard PCI VGA. Then I rebooted and installed the drivers. I don't have any problem with the 6.26, but you may as well try the 6.27 if you want. I think I will just to see if it is faster.