A few miscellaneous games I'm asking about

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
The games that follow are all games that I had saved in a favorites folder for the past few years, because they weren't available on Steam and I couldn't wishlist them there. I'd like to trim this folder a bit. With one exception, I can't find these games on Steam, Origin, GoG, Green Man, or Direct 2 Drive. Any wisdom on any one or more of these games is appreciated, and if anyone knows of any other awesome games that can't be downloaded anywhere but that you might be able to buy a physical copy of on Amazon, this thread would be a great place to mention.

Adv/Action/RPG
Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom
Din's Curse
Rockin' Dead
Venetica
Fahrenheit
No One Lives Forever
Prey
Hellgate London
House, M.D.

Strategy
Black&White (bit surprising that this EA game isn't on Origin but I guess they don't go too far back in their library)
History Great Battles Medieval
Lionheart: King's Crusade

Exceptions
Tron Evolution - I found this on D2D, and it's the only one that I could find. But it's still $40, is it worth $40 or worth checking D2D for sales just for it?

Grim Fandango - This one is not on any of the download services, but there are 2 issues: One, every copy on Amazon is at least $30 and Two, will it work on Win 7?

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
I bought Prey two years ago from a third party through Amazon. I have a lot of old games including NOLF. Don't know if any will work on win 7...at least not on 64 bit. E Bay?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Venetica is only $10 for PC at Amazon so you might as well buy it on disc.

Lucas is a pudding-brained expletive so of course he won't let you buy Grim Fandango. He also won't let you buy KOTOR II on Steam. Probably because neither has enough Ewoks in it. Jub jub!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
There's a great old puzzle game "Heaven & Earth", from Buena Vista, that was only available on floppies and I've never heard of it since then.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Grim Fandango - This one is not on any of the download services, but there are 2 issues: One, every copy on Amazon is at least $30 and Two, will it work on Win 7?
If it doesn't, maybe try virtual XP? Hopefully somebody will get it working with ScummVM. It consistently is one of the most requested old games for GoG and Steam.

Black&White (bit surprising that this EA game isn't on Origin but I guess they don't go too far back in their library)
Buy it old/used, and Google about it. There was some registry editing needed to get it fully functional under Win7 64-bit, IIRC, but I got it working, and it played fine.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
NOLF and few others I got with a Video Card (Ti 4400?).

I thought Grim Fandango was on GOG, or that I recently saw it somewhere - I'll have to check.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Another thing. I was looking through my Steam wish list and Wolfenstein from 2009 was on there. I don't remember adding it but it got there somehow, anyway, though, the link doesn't work now and searching for it is fruitless, it's not on Steam now if it ever was. And I don't see it on any other download site. Is it good? It looks good, and of note, I never played any of the previous Wolfenstein games.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
NOLF is awesome, but I think I prefer the sequel.

KT