A Democrat just won the governorship in KY

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Basically, he's arguing that the Democrats won by doing the thing they've done for decades: appealing to well-educated and urban voters.

But, according to him, those well-educated voters are the "less-informed people." Spoken by someone who must really believe his defeat "defies logic."

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Does he realize how silly this sounds? Basically, he's arguing that the Democrats won by doing the thing they've done for decades: appealing to well-educated and urban voters.

It's all a scam. They know their platform is toxic to suburban women and young, educated adults. They can't admit they are wrong so the only other tactic is to fling shit and incite the base.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Maybe if they weren’t running such an extreme right candidate/platform and instead tried a more moderate position that appealed to real Americans instead of only their chosen minority this wouldn’t have happened
jnHWXN4.gif

Reactions: Vic

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's all a scam. They know their platform is toxic to suburban women and young, educated adults. They can't admit they are wrong so the only other tactic is to fling shit and incite the base.

Yeh, but it's been a mostly winning strategy since Gingrich, at least. White culture war wedge issues & FUD. Tell them they're being attacked!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Maybe if they weren’t running such an extreme right candidate/platform and instead tried a more moderate position that appealed to real Americans instead of only their chosen minority this wouldn’t have happened
jnHWXN4.gif
What are you some kind ideologically impure liburl?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
It's all a scam. They know their platform is toxic to suburban women and young, educated adults.

Yup, pretty much the only reason why Gov. Kemp in Georgia is picking a woman against Trump’s wishes to fill the vacated Senate seat.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Does he realize how silly this sounds? Basically, he's arguing that the Democrats won by doing the thing they've done for decades: appealing to well-educated and urban voters.
Oh he gets that. That's why he's saying that those people shouldn't be allowed to vote.
The problem wasn't that the People of Kenticky rejected his actions or his policies, the problem was that a nebulous leftist conspiracy encouraged people to exercise their Constitutional right to vote. Because that's leftist now apparently.

Mar 11, 2004

Just wait, they are eventually going to start claiming that the "wants the D" slang has brainwashed people into voting Democrat.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Irony of all ironies story today Trump is about to cut people off the food stamp program.

Meanwhile he's ok creating welfare for farmers, wasting tax $s investigating debunked conspiracy theories and breaking the bank on golf trips.

But they'll still vote for them. Can't fix stupid

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Lookin' to upgrade your digs?
I'm not sure I could afford anything that nice. I'm stuck here in an area where they can't keep the power on and people shit on the sidewalk. You first world guys have it made.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm not sure I could afford anything that nice. I'm stuck here in an area where they can't keep the power on and people shit on the sidewalk. You first world guys have it made.

When was the last time you found a turd on your sidewalk, anyway? Probably never.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
When was the last time you found a turd on your sidewalk, anyway? Probably never.
To be honest, I have to drive about 30 miles to see that. Around here people still have some small sense of sanitation and hygiene. The only fellow I know of that tried to relieve himself in public had a piss in the park about half a block away. Unfortunately there were kids nearby, he was arrested for exposing himself in front of children and ended up on the sex offenders list. He was JAR, but I never felt his actions were a danger to anyone.