A Democrat just won the governorship in KY

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Dunno that absentee ballots have been counted or if there are enough to theoretically swing it to Bevin.

Think they were ahead of time, Oldham Co. absentee, where Beshear won by a single vote was the early indicator something weird might happen.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
How much did Trump's campaigning do for the GOP last year? And how much did it do for KY GOP last night?

It's time for the GOP to get a clue - Trump can't bring in the votes even in the most friendly territory, let alone anywhere else.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
How much did Trump's campaigning do for the GOP last year? And how much did it do for KY GOP last night?

It's time for the GOP to get a clue - Trump can't bring in the votes even in the most friendly territory, let alone anywhere else.
Why? let them feed their delusion that trump helps and then we can move on from this disaster of an admin.

they are dumb enough to think trump actually helps them

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Why? let them feed their delusion that trump helps and then we can move on from this disaster of an admin.

they are dumb enough to think trump actually helps them
Because as soon as they realize he can’t help or hurt them they will turn on him like a a pack of wolves.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
How long until Trump claims that Bevin was about to lose by a billion votes and only Trump made it close?

Estimate, about 22 minutes after you wrote that.

"The President just about dragged Gov. Matt Bevin across the finish line, helping him run stronger than expected in what turned into a very close race at the end," Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale said in a statement.

• Haha
Reactions: Paratus

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
How much did Bevin's attack on Obamacare/Medicaid expansion (Kynect) hurt his standing?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Watching the news now, and bevin claimed
"We know for a fact that there were more than a few irregularities, and they are very well corroborated"
:rolleyes:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Look... while reality tv shows are very popular, funny, and entertaining, after awhile people lose interest in the same-o same-o week after week.
Donald trump was funny and entertaining... for awhile, but obviously fans are losing interest in the Trump insanity week after week.
It’s getting old.
In Kentucky it was Time to change the channel.
This race had nothing to do with the governor, it was all about Donald Trump.
Donald insisted on that. He always does.....
Now, if Democrats can get their shit together and come up with a viable presidential candidate, Democrats can win the Whitehouse too.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Watching the news now, and bevin claimed
"We know for a fact that there were more than a few irregularities, and they are very well corroborated"
:rolleyes:

I won't hold my breath waiting for Bevin to produce the proof of the irregularities that are "very well corroborated."

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How much did Bevin's attack on Obamacare/Medicaid expansion (Kynect) hurt his standing?

That probably cost him a lot in eastern KY. But that's not what really sunk him. His temperament and war against teachers was wildly unpopular in the 'burbs. Northern Ky swung hard away from him and it's a highly populated area.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Numerous pols are calling it now on Twitter...Beshear is currently up by 30k votes and nearly 3 percentage points with 88% precincts reporting.

He won a rural county that voted for Trump by 45 points in 2016. Ouch.

Maybe he’ll appoint a new AG who’ll look into the Russian Rusal plant that Mitch built.

So much this. #MoscowMitch = #JailbirdMitch or maybe #NoExtraditionMitch?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Nice Kentucky. Hope you can keep going and get rid of Moscow Mitch, who is probably now making phone calls regarding the feasibility of a Wisconsin like 'neuter the Gov' effort before a Dem takes the office. I wouldn't put it past that epic piece of shit trapped in a turtles body.

We did it better in North Carolina, though! :D

.... .. :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Uhmmm, Trump won the state by 30 points. From what I’ve seen other republican candidates are underperforming that as well.

Trump didn't even campaign for anyone in VA because he's so toxic. From the larger ads that trickled in up here in MD, none of the GOP candidates labeled themselves as Republicans, lol.

This country fucking hates republicans, and these creatures clinging to their office know it.

Feb 4, 2009
I really hate saying this but I have to acknowledge the game has changed.
Time to gerrymander the shit out of these States.
Supreme Court said it doesn’t want to be involved. Goal isn’t to create a permanently Blue State, goal is to do it so Republicans get the message and pass some Federal regulations.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Losing a red state you took by over 30 points, haha, that's a stiff uppercut to the mushroom for poor Donnie.

Woman that flipped off his motorcade won office in VA too, that one made my day.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: this country is done with the illegitimate treasonous buffoon. People like Moscow Mitch and Miss Lindsay will not be forgotten either.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So I turned to F&F so see how they are spinning last night. They've moved on about homeless people in Democratic cities. One guess claimed the homeless have a unique effect on climate!

I quickly turned it off.