A deal too hot for hot deals!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
stop posting pricing mistakes!! it was only funny the 1st 100000000000000 times....

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah heard this on fox news.

i have crap like this happen. now i open box's in teh store

edit: they will get a camera. the manufacture is sending one to them.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Originally posted by: pontifex
stop posting pricing mistakes!! it was only funny the 1st 100000000000000 times....

Someone didn't click the link :D

sorry.

i can't believe BB is still trying to decide what to do...hello! give them a fuvcking camera...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

Someone didn't click the link :D

sorry.

i can't believe BB is still trying to decide what to do...hello! give them a fuvcking camera...

they are getting one. the manufacture is (after it has been all over the news). they said BB finally called (after it has been all over the news even more) and they still refused to do anything.

not that i blame BB. to be honest i would have done the same.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Wife picked up a hammock once for my birthday About 200 bucks I think. I took it out and found this moldy old hammock with broken cords and leaves mashed up in it. I took it back to the store for an exchange. I had the joy of getting an accusing look for my trouble.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Didn't this happen a lot last year too? I thought some people that worked at BB admitted they reshrinkwrap some of the returns.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: d3n
Wife picked up a hammock once for my birthday About 200 bucks I think. I took it out and found this moldy old hammock with broken cords and leaves mashed up in it. I took it back to the store for an exchange. I had the joy of getting an accusing look for my trouble.

We have people try to return things like that all the time. They'll try to return computer towers after having taken the memory or hard drive out. Sometimes they will place an older GFX card in the slot where they removed the new one. People will buy new game consoles and try to return their old ones in the new box. Hell, we have people claim 'it came this way'. Its often hard to figure out who the culprit is though and I will say that returned items are often re-shrink wrapped (although they are supposed to be checked over first. Maybe it was a new employee that did the return? Or maybe they are really good con artists)

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Companies need to start using security shrink wrap with holograms on it or something.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
a friend bought a shower enclosure from home depot a few YEARS back, and opened it to find it was drilled on both end panels, and somebody obviously mucked it up and returned it. He had it laying around waiting to do the project. I was sure he was SOL, but Home Depot gave them 100% store credit towards a new enclosure.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: BroeBo
Companies need to start using security shrink wrap with holograms on it or something.

Matching serial numbers to valid driver's licenses or state IDs for returns?
Encouraging people to open the box before leaving the store?
Or the ever so obvious "Open the box and check"?

Sony's items do not normally come shrinkwrapped, so I can imagine that some moron at the CS desk at BB just didn't care and lost multiple customers over it.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
I took back a 32" JVC LCD a couple weeks ago. BB didn't even bother to check the box to see if it was in there, much less if there was any damage done to it.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Yzzim
I took back a 32" JVC LCD a couple weeks ago. BB didn't even bother to check the box to see if it was in there, much less if there was any damage done to it.

so what did you fill the box with? dead seagulls?