• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

A damn shame, it appear Hardware Secrets will not have PSU reviews for a long while, or ever again

Torn Mind

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2012
The last PSU review by Gabriel Torres there was in 2013. It was for the Sentey SDP850-SS, and there hasn't been one since.

I really like the reviews there, especially on the specs page, because he tested protection circuitry on the unit and you can see what passed and didn't or even if there was unadvertised protection circuity. Along with the load testing and overload testing, it was extremely comprehensive.

The "Anatomy of a Switching Power Supply" is pretty much a must read in order to pass through the gateway to understanding why "just turning things on" is not enough to judge a PSU.

Last edited:

LFaWolf

Oct 27, 2016
I remember reading it somewhere (eBay I think, sold off bunch of things) that the operator/owner was moving to Europe/out of state

ASK THE COMMUNITY