A couple of business ideas

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Ok. Like a year ago, I bought the domain name everything101.com
Thought of it on the way home from school. Catchy, could be like a learning site, or something like that...

Well, I have 0 money to start anything like that + no one seemed to like my idea. Anyone interested in putting the name to good use? I would sell it cheap (got appraised by greatdomains.com for 8 grand) Would sell it to someone who would actually make a site out of it for very cheap. (Way less than a g)

Also, I'm interested in starting up a small computer hardware (maybe software) site to make some SMALL side money while I'm still in school. Any good places to buy near wholesale if your purchase not mass bulk but a few at a time?? Thanks a ton.

[PM me if you want]

=Phil= Has many ideas buzzing in his head

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
You might try posting the domain sale in the FS/T Froum. It'd probably get more offers there. :)

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
you won't sell it man.. look on e-bay, under "domains for sale", there are hundreds of supposedly valuable domains that never get bid on

rominl

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Nov 2, 2000
starting a computer hardware site might not be a very good idea, the market is too saturated

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I don't want to make much money off the hardware site. More of a adventure than a money thing. I would like to pick up a couple of bucks along the way.

I mean I figure with a License you can get into reseller areas and then just sell the stuff a little above markup right??

=Phil= Really needs to go study

SloppyB

Dec 6, 2000
I'm a network admin for a law firm and on the side I have my own business. I mainly consult (solve the &quot;I can't print&quot; problems) but I also build machines for my clients...for a huge markup. While they understand they are paying a little more for the same machine they know I will help them any time. You have to get the right type of clients to make this workable...but it has been worth it to me. Also, I get to write off all of my computer purchases.