A continuation of the "Gay Florida Teen Charged for Underage Girlfriend" story

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Don't you know had this been an adult male and an underage female, the male would have been charged/convicted of at a minimum statutory rape and be put on the National Sex Offender Registry.

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damn this thread reminds of college when I was putting the wood to a 15 year old high schooler (I was 19). It was HIGHLY illegal but I never got caught and she dumped after 6 months.

I think it is a joke to say that what she did was a crime. It was just a girl trying to have some fun.

You're a pervert? I can't say I'm surprised.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Shrug, I am ALL for gay folk receiving the exact same rights as everyone else including the right to marry the consenting adult of their choice.

With that said, had this been a 19 year old male we would not have heard a thing about this story and he would most likely be in jail right now and definitely be a sex offender for life. Like I said, I think gay folk should have equal rights as everyone else so therefore there should be absolutely no difference in the criminal punishment when it comes to violations of laws such as statutory rape.

Has absolutely nothing to do with her being gay.
Well said.

If she were he, she wouldn't be BACK in jail, she would be STILL in jail, regardless of the sex of the child. And honestly, I don't have a big problem with that.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Some of us aren't puritan nut jobs.

Two class mates get what they want via physical contact with each other, quick call the police!

Be REALLY honest with yourself. "Two classmates"? Are you serious?

- One "class mate" was 19 (an adult) while one was 14!

- One "class mate" was repeatedly told by the 14 year old's parents to STOP. She didn't.

- One "class mate" was told by the COURT to stop. She didn't.

Really? If you still think you're right on this one (and you know you're not) then you are one scary bastard.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Be REALLY honest with yourself. "Two classmates"? Are you serious?

- One "class mate" was 19 (an adult) while one was 14!

- One "class mate" was repeatedly told by the 14 year old's parents to STOP. She didn't.

- One "class mate" was told by the COURT to stop. She didn't.

Really? If you still think you're right on this one (and you know you're not) then you are one scary bastard.

Then she should be guilty of violating a restraining order, not rape. Last I checked, the punishments were considerably different.

Either way, if the 14 year old doesn't have a problem with the relationship, then it's not the business of the courts. If the parents have a problem with it, then they can get a restraining order. If that order is violated, then you treat it as violation of a restraining order.

It should not be considered rape to be in a consensual, romantic relationship, regardless of the sex of the two (or more) participants.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
so much fail i dont even know where to start.

You could start by iterating where you feel your opinion differs from mine.

I mean, really, if the legal "age of reason" for a child is 8 years old, wouldn't it be logical to conclude that the child is capable of making decisions about what he or she wants?

Most 8-year-olds are not emotionally mature enough to make a decision about romantic involvement, I agree. However, a 14-year-old typically is. And in some cases, a 12-year-old might be. Arbitrary age limits are meaningless and only used to try and legislate a particular morality on citizens.

Again, if coercion and abuse of authority (and even then, I'm not sure I totally agree that it should be criminal) were not in play (which it sounds like they were not) then this should not be a criminal matter.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Then she should be guilty of violating a restraining order, not rape. Last I checked, the punishments were considerably different.

Either way, if the 14 year old doesn't have a problem with the relationship, then it's not the business of the courts. If the parents have a problem with it, then they can get a restraining order. If that order is violated, then you treat it as violation of a restraining order.

It should not be considered rape to be in a consensual, romantic relationship, regardless of the sex of the two (or more) participants.

Once the parents say "stay away" it becomes rape. she continued to see the kid after the parents made it clear they didn't want her around.

That should have been the end of it.

but she continued EVEN after the court said "stay away".

She should be in jail.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
this.

not that I want to get it--I think such uses of texting is completely moronic and breads a generation of unsocialized turdballs.
With texting teens who want to ignore their parents can be having conversations with their friends whereever they are. I don't think teens talked with their parents much more before texting.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/03/new-plea-deal-for-gay-fla-teen-accused-sex-with-underage-girl/

Under the terms of the new plea deal, Kaitlyn Hunt will plead either no contest or guilty to two counts of lewd and lascivious battery and one count of transmission of material harmful to a minor. Her acceptance of the plea deal is expected to be made official Thursday morning in court, where a judge will then sentence her based on the recommendations outlined in the deal.

WHAT THE FUCK!? if this was a man no way would a plea deal be back on the table. She rapes the kid, continues to send her naked pictures then they continue with the plea deal?

this bitch should get the full punishment. God knows if it was a male instead of 2 females he would be getting it.

I doubt that is true. I don't know about Florida, but in CA statutory rape is a "wobbler" meaning it can be charged as either felony or misdemeanor at the prosecutor's discretion. The "teen on teen" cases usually end up being pled out to misdemeanors or low penalty felonies, whereas the ones with vast age differences its usually a felony. I don't think she's being discriminated against because she's gay, but I doubt she's getting a sweetheart deal either. This is probably typical for this type of situation. In fact, it might be a worse penalty than usual but that is likely because she violated the stay away order.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Once the parents say "stay away" it becomes rape. she continued to see the kid after the parents made it clear they didn't want her around.

That should have been the end of it.

but she continued EVEN after the court said "stay away".

She should be in jail.

If the 14 year old wants the relationship, it is not rape.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Just saw this on CNN.com. The "adult" shows no remorse for what she did and pretty much blames others for being in jail:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2013/10/09/dnt-wptv-kaitlyn-hunt-interview.wptv.html

Typical ...

Well, if the people who make the laws in the US weren't so fucking prudish and didn't insist on forcing their morals on everyone else, she wouldn't be guilty of any crimes. So, I'm not sure why remorse is necessary in this case.

Hell, 200 years ago, that age difference would have been acceptable for marriage. In some places it still is.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
If the 14 year old wants the relationship, it is not rape.

Under the laws of all 50 states an 18 year old having sex with a 14 year old is illegal. Gay or straight, purportedly consensual or not. That is not going to be changing either. The lowest age of consent is 16. A few states allow 18 year olds to sleep with 15 years olds with close age exception laws(3 being the most number of year most close age exception are only 2 years).

Under federal law it is illegal to solicit sex from anyone under the age of 18 if it goes across state boundaries(even if its merely a communication through a server that is out of state and both parties are in the same state), no matter the age of consent in either state.

You are completely delusional if you dont think 18 year olds can easily manipulate and use 14 year olds. This is why age of consents have went up from 13-14 to 16-18 over the past half century.

Last edited:

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Well, if the people who make the laws in the US weren't so fucking prudish and didn't insist on forcing their morals on everyone else, she wouldn't be guilty of any crimes. So, I'm not sure why remorse is necessary in this case.

Hell, 200 years ago, that age difference would have been acceptable for marriage. In some places it still is.

All states require parental permission(or family court approval) for anyone under the age of 18 to get married.

Most states do not allow anyone under the age of 16 to get married. There are only ~8 states that allow people under 16 to get married(IIRC only 2 allow someone as young as 14). Those allowing under 16 year olds to get married require both parental consent AND court approval.