A continuation of the "Gay Florida Teen Charged for Underage Girlfriend" story

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pope Jim

Aug 15, 2013
I'm puzzled as to why the so-called "victim" is testifying. What could they do if she refuses, take her away from her parents or something? It sounds like she's not on good terms with her parents anyway, so it might be a win.

Personally, barring something like both of them escaping to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., I'd love to see both of them show up at the embassy of a country with a lower age of consent (i.e., 99% of them) and seek asylum on the grounds of civil rights persecution.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm puzzled as to why the so-called "victim" is testifying. What could they do if she refuses, take her away from her parents or something? It sounds like she's not on good terms with her parents anyway, so it might be a win.

Personally, barring something like both of them escaping to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., I'd love to see both of them show up at the embassy of a country with a lower age of consent (i.e., 99% of them) and seek asylum on the grounds of civil rights persecution.

Out of curiosity, how young is too young to you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
My 17 year old niece averages 13-15K texts a month. If you're over 20 you won't get it.

this.

not that I want to get it--I think such uses of texting is completely moronic and breads a generation of unsocialized turdballs.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. What a moron.

Probably thinks that because she is not only a woman, but a lesbian as well that she has 2 victim cards to play.

Funny, that when the perpetrator is a straight man it does not become a national news story...
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/guest-commentary/Content?oid=1230815

Its part of the war on men. And another side effect of stupid minimum sentencing. What good is a sexual Predatory registry if its full of people that happened to just have sex with someone the wrong age when in their high school age?

nice. we got the two morans chatting and patting each other on the back.

yes, the war on men. I am so terrified. Surely, this dumb teenager doing what a lot of dumb teenagers do is a perfect example of how men are losing out to evil feminists.

Apr 27, 2012

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

yes, the war on men. I am so terrified. Surely, this dumb teenager doing what a lot of dumb teenagers do is a perfect example of how men are losing out to evil feminists.

Um, its the fact that she was offered a special lesbian plea-deal that show there is a war on men.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001

My guess (and this is only a guess) is that this person is in their 20s but also might be European. There is a delusion among the "younger" crowd that people a "freeer" in Europe than the US.

Life is an illusion ...

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Shrug, I am ALL for gay folk receiving the exact same rights as everyone else including the right to marry the consenting adult of their choice.

With that said, had this been a 19 year old male we would not have heard a thing about this story and he would most likely be in jail right now and definitely be a sex offender for life. Like I said, I think gay folk should have equal rights as everyone else so therefore there should be absolutely no difference in the criminal punishment when it comes to violations of laws such as statutory rape.

Has absolutely nothing to do with her being gay.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Wow. What a moron.

Probably thinks that because she is not only a woman, but a lesbian as well that she has 2 victim cards to play.

Funny, that when the perpetrator is a straight man it does not become a national news story...
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/guest-commentary/Content?oid=1230815

Wait.... Assuming that a 15 year old is not legally able to consent to sex in that state why isn't or wouldn't the female be charged with the same crime?

When I was 14 I banged a 16 year old chick, the age of consent in my state was and is 17. Who is guilty of the crime? Me because I am male or her because she is older yet still below the age of consent and therefore has been determined legally unable to make decisions such as sex due to lack of maturity. If both consent yet neither can legally consent how in the hell do you conclude that one is a rapist and the other a victim?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

While I don't agree with his premise I do agree with his conclusion. Had this been a man we would not have heard about it and he would be going to jail per the current law on the books.

If others in the state, under the same circumstances regardless of sex, have been prosecuted for this exactly why should she get a free pass? Even if it was a male who was only licking and not sticking he would most likely be in jail as we speak.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Wait.... Assuming that a 15 year old is not legally able to consent to sex in that state why isn't or wouldn't the female be charged with the same crime?

When I was 14 I banged a 16 year old chick, the age of consent in my state was and is 17. Who is guilty of the crime? Me because I am male or her because she is older yet still below the age of consent and therefore has been determined legally unable to make decisions such as sex due to lack of maturity. If both consent yet neither can legally consent how in the hell do you conclude that one is a rapist and the other a victim?

If a man and woman of legal age go to a party and drink and then have sex who is the rapist? I think we all know the answer to that...

Men get beer goggles; women get raped.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
So was this a legal when they were 14/18 and suddenly turned illegal when she turned 19?

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
Gay Florida teen Kaitlyn Hunt raped 14 year old girl! WTF?

craftnation

mqdefault.jpg
3:41

Gay Florida teen Kaitlyn Hunt raped 14 year old girl! WTF?

Published on Aug 24, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlBMbY4D-wI

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/03/new-plea-deal-for-gay-fla-teen-accused-sex-with-underage-girl/

Under the terms of the new plea deal, Kaitlyn Hunt will plead either no contest or guilty to two counts of lewd and lascivious battery and one count of transmission of material harmful to a minor. Her acceptance of the plea deal is expected to be made official Thursday morning in court, where a judge will then sentence her based on the recommendations outlined in the deal.

WHAT THE FUCK!? if this was a man no way would a plea deal be back on the table. She rapes the kid, continues to send her naked pictures then they continue with the plea deal?

this bitch should get the full punishment. God knows if it was a male instead of 2 females he would be getting it.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah, no double standard at all. If she wasn't part of a PC "protected class" (if she was just some guy), there would be no deal on the table and she'd be in prison for a long time. Justice fail.

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
From wptv.com :
There is too much risk in trying the case when the State, particularly Mr. Workman has willingly worked with defense counsel to obtain this negotiated plea.

Too much risk in the jury f#@king it up even though she repeatedly, blatantly defied court orders.

She [Ms. Hunt] also gives up the opportunity for her supporters as well as her detractors to see and hear any testimony or evidence.

I do agree however that this is a good thing for the younger girl and her family.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
WHAT THE FUCK!? if this was a man no way would a plea deal be back on the table. She rapes the kid, continues to send her naked pictures then they continue with the plea deal?

this bitch should get the full punishment. God knows if it was a male instead of 2 females he would be getting it.

Damn this thread reminds of college when I was putting the wood to a 15 year old high schooler (I was 19). It was HIGHLY illegal but I never got caught and she dumped after 6 months.

I think it is a joke to say that what she did was a crime. It was just a girl trying to have some fun.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
20,000 text messages? I've literally sent maybe 300 text messages over the course of the last 10 years, talk about obsessed!

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

Everyone is different and matures at a different rate.

One person at 12 may be able to make a decision to have a relationship with an older person, whereas another person may not have that capability until 14.

Age disparity also plays a role. A 14 year old and an 18 year old together is different than a 14 year old and a 22 year old.

As long as there is no coercion or abuse of authority, I don't believe that it's any business of anybody (except maybe the parents) what two consenting people do behind closed doors.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
As long as there is no coercion or abuse of authority, I don't believe that it's any business of anybody (except maybe the parents) what two consenting people do behind closed doors.

100% agreement with drebo.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
20,000 text messages? I've literally sent maybe 300 text messages over the course of the last 10 years, talk about obsessed!

That's just because you're old like me. I send between 100 and 200 texts a month and I send by FAR fewer texts than pretty much everyone I know. I know some people who send hundreds a day every single day.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Everyone is different and matures at a different rate.

One person at 12 may be able to make a decision to have a relationship with an older person, whereas another person may not have that capability until 14.

Age disparity also plays a role. A 14 year old and an 18 year old together is different than a 14 year old and a 22 year old.

so much fail i dont even know where to start.